Common problems on a jd 5105m

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #1  

alrawluk

Tractor
2011 JD 5105M
jd 5105m owners,

Can you please let me know of common problems/issues/repairs on a 5105m

I just bought a 2011 and have found the following that i will be getting fixed on warranty

-leaking mid mount hyd multicouplers
- leaking 3point left cylinder
- leaking front differential
- damaged boot on shift linkage
- o rings pushed out on all loader (562nsl loader) cylinders

let me know anything else to look for/get fixed........................

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #2  
My 5105M went in service in August 2011, it now has just a tad over 250hrs. Just had a couple of issues:
1. A couple of the loader hydraulic line fittings started leaking in the first couple of months
2. At a little over 100 hrs the remote cylinder control "spooler assembly" had to be replaced.

All above repairs were done by my dealer. They charged me $100 to pick up my tractor and deliver it back after the repairs. They also washed it while at the shop.

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #3  
I have a similar and earlier model 5520 and the instrument cluster had to be repkaced inder warranty. Also the fuel ines rotted after warranty but that problem may have been fixed by now.

On the cylinder O rings you mention--how can they be pushed out?

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #4  
Could the loader cylinder o-rings be the paint rings that are used to prevent paint from seeping into the cylinders when the loader is painted? Dealer normally removes them before delivery

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #5  
Could the loader cylinder o-rings be the paint rings that are used to prevent paint from seeping into the cylinders when the loader is painted? Dealer normally removes them before delivery

That's what I always thought. Mine are still on.

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #6  
JD 5105M tractor motion ceases and power steering and hydraulic functions will not work. After setting for a few minutes, it will work, but only for a short time. Any suggestions as to fix?

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #7  
That's what I always thought. Mine are still on.

Is that what those things are (and for). I always wondered as one of them is still 'in' and the other one gets pushed up the shiny-bit (sorry for the tech-talk there :)).

I just assumed they were to keep the shiny-bits... shiny.

/ Common problems on a jd 5105m #8  
I have had mine for about two and a half years and haven't had any issues at all. It had 1700 hrs on it when I bought it and I have put almost 300 more on since. I have no complaints.