Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #21  
How far under 30 hp do you have in mind? I ask because there could be a substantial difference between a 20 hp micro-CUT and a 28 hp small CUT. Also if I read you correctly you want this tractor to be 4x4, have a diesel engine and a front-end loader?

I am not interested in buying one I was just making a cost comparison between buying a used cut and a new one

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #22  
I am not interested in buying one I was just making a cost comparison between buying a used cut and a new one

My B3200 with 4wd, HST and loader was about $350 a month for 48mo at 0%. That said, I paid it off two years early and will never borrow money again. Bought my 5203 slightly used (300hrs) with cash, felt pretty good.

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week
I have very little interest in a new tractor payment. I'm about a year out from only a having a house loan and am looking forward to that. I've never bought anything new either. I am pretty fair working on cars, but don't have any experience with working on tractors. Never thought I would buy a new one, and still don't think I will.

As to this tractor, but concern is really that it has been neglected. In a car, I would have a fair idea what to expect, and what it might cost to fix. Between a bit of misrepresentation in the add and all the issues I found (and being dirty/faded isn't an issue for me, just something I would fix) I am concerned about it. He hasn't sold it yet, so I might make a new, lower offer than before.

That is part of the question I am stuggling with at the moment. I don't have pricing on a new JD simiar to the 955 yet. I need to get it, if work ever lets me get away for a few minutes to a dealer.

I found a 28HP Branson for $13.4k new. I understand it is a little smaller, and I don't know anything about the Branson brand. Compared to 10K for a 17 year old Deere, it makes you think.

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #25  
That is part of the question I am stuggling with at the moment. I don't have pricing on a new JD simiar to the 955 yet. I need to get it, if work ever lets me get away for a few minutes to a dealer.

I found a 28HP Branson for $13.4k new. I understand it is a little smaller, and I don't know anything about the Branson brand. Compared to 10K for a 17 year old Deere, it makes you think.

It's very hard to beat the resale value of a John Deere when you have 20 + year old tractors selling for $10,000.00 what's a $13,400.00 Branson tractor going to be worth in 20 years ? I really don't know ,How long have they been made ?

It's very hard to beat the resale value of a John Deere when you have 20 + year old tractors selling for $10,000.00 what's a $13,400.00 Branson tractor going to be worth in 20 years ? I really don't know ,How long have they been made ?

Excellent question. I know the previous owner of my place had one, but otherwise know nothing about the Bransons. Is a new tractor from a tier 2 manufacturer worth more than a used one from a Tier 1? I honestly don't know.

I am hoping to get a price on a new Deere this week as well. I expect I will still buy a used one, but have decided I should know what the difference is.

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #27  
Excellent question. I know the previous owner of my place had one, but otherwise know nothing about the Bransons. Is a new tractor from a tier 2 manufacturer worth more than a used one from a Tier 1? I honestly don't know.

I am hoping to get a price on a new Deere this week as well. I expect I will still buy a used one, but have decided I should know what the difference is.

Do your research but I think 20+ years ago there was no such thing as a "compact tractor " they were just smaller versions and quality built the same as the larger ones ,How will the new ones look/work in 20+ years ?

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #28  
A 955 was my first tractor. It was good, but light for what I wanted it to do. $10K is way too much. It is a good tractor, but for that price, you could get a great tractor.

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #29  
I picked up my JD 855 last year and paid $11,000! A dealer told me it was a high price as I was buying from a private owner. I still picked it up for that price but it was always garaged, had under 250 hrs. , has a heated cab, mower, FEL, and snow plow. All I ever had to do so far was change the oil and filter put some air in the tires. Great little tractor has plenty of pep for a small tractor.
I would say look around price does seem high.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Thoughts on a 955? Considering one this week #30  
I personally think that is a good price. I have had 655/755/ and now a 955...that series in my opinion is the best they made, talk to a compact tech at the dealer, they will tell you such.

I grabbed one from my JD dealer that was hiding out back. I put money down and had one guy come "jaw" me for 755 but really wanted to grab the 955 as he knew who owned it and was #$%^ed he wasnt informed it was being traded in :D If he would have gotten this one it would have been his third 955......he likes the series too. Cant beat a X55 series.....