JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota?

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #11  
Kubota makes great machines in the compact and sub-compact line. Im sure there bigger machines are good too. My only worry with there bigger machines to me is there weight is much lighter than other comparible brands. Im not sure where all they have lightned them up at. Pretty much all the main manufacture brands anymore are light weights compared to old utility tractors. Only heavy ones I still know about is Massey Ferguson and I know the Mahrinda is pretty heavy. I have used pretty much all your big manufacture brands. In my opinion Deere especially these days is no better than any other brands in most cases. What Deere does have that like it or not makes them sell is a long history in the USA and a dealer pretty much everywhere. Most of us can think back about driving a Deere or know someone who had one when we where young. I do know Kubota has a good amount of dealers around seems like anymore. Deere also has a full line of equipment. They have everything from a lawnmower to a combine. That is why most big farms use Deere, along with good resale value, Service, and dealers all around. I think Deeres price is about in line with any other major players in the compact, sub-compact, and utility lines. One thing I look at is when I buy a tractor who gets the money. In most cases I will support a USA company first before a foreign company. Even though a foreign company may have a plant in America I know the bulk of the money is leaving here. I know my new Deere is made in India which I am not fond of but I still feel the bulk of the money is going to Deere which is USA owned. I really like Case Ih and New Holland equipment which is Fiat majority owned from Italy. I bought my New Holland new and it's a good machine although I don't think it's of the same level as the old Fords we had. Its hard to by American anymore no matter what brand. Everything is based on a global basis anymore. I know most people don't cae about American made anymore. Im just old fashioned lol. And yes I know Deere has been using the Yanmar Diesel engines which are great for a long time. My big Chevrolet bowtie with a Duramax Diesel is really an Isuzu.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #12  
My experience, several years ago, yes, Deere was more expensive and less service oriented, at least for me.
YMMV.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #13  
Fieldman 12
In your line up you have both a New Holland TN70 and a John Deere 5055E , Very similar weight, power , tires etc. If you had to sell one of them which would go down the road first?

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #14  
Talk to Carl , I would be more concerned with the dealer than I would the machine .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #15  
My experience, several years ago, yes, Deere was more expensive and less service oriented, at least for me.
YMMV.
I had the same experience. This coming June will be two years when I bought my tractor. I went with my neighbor to the largest JD dealer in my area because he had purchased his tractor there. Rest assured that it is not my intentions to compare one brand with another, but the salesman at the JD dealer wouldn't even lower his price $50.00. He even commented to me that if I wasn't willing to pay his price, someone else would. I eventually bought a Kubota L4400 because of the price and the excellent service and repore shown by this dealership. In concluding, I would state that the service provided by the Dealer is at the top of my buying list. BTW, best wishes.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #16  
We had 9 JD's once untill an arrogant salesman made me go down the road and buy a brand new ford within 10 years we had 13 tractors and only one was a JD and i still have trouble dealing with them now . We last year we bought a NH T7040 in the UK and JD could'nt come anywhere close to the price for the spec .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #17  
Fieldman 12
In your line up you have both a New Holland TN70 and a John Deere 5055E , Very similar weight, power , tires etc. If you had to sell one of them which would go down the road first?

It's hard to say as I like both and I have not had the Deere long. I would probably lean towards the New Holland. I like the metal hood and in my opinion the open station seems to be a little nicer. For some reason I have not got use to the shift pattern of the Deere yet especially in the dark.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #18  
We had 9 JD's once untill an arrogant salesman made me go down the road and buy a brand new ford within 10 years we had 13 tractors and only one was a JD and i still have trouble dealing with them now . We last year we bought a NH T7040 in the UK and JD could'nt come anywhere close to the price for the spec .

What New Holland tractors you have? Any combines? I love the genisis New Holland tractors back when they where made. The outfit we have on the farms uses four Deere combine. Last year we had two Deere 9870's,1-9860, and 1-9660 combines.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #19  
What New Holland tractors you have? Any combines? I love the genisis New Holland tractors back when they where made. The outfit we have on the farms uses four Deere combine. Last year we had two Deere 9870's,1-9860, and 1-9660 combines.

blue ones are ..Ford versatile 876 , T 7040 ,TW20 , 7840sl, 7840 SLE , 7600 , 5610 and 2 fordson majors . 2 NH combines (8080 and 8050) in the uk but Case IH combines here .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #20  
There wasn't more than a couple hundred bucks difference between Kubota and Deere on the last 2 tractors I bought. And, quite frankly; the salespeople at both brands were almost arrogant with the attitude of - "if you won't pay what I'm asking the next guy in the door will"!!

The difference between the franchises that made the purchase difference for me - part's availability and qualified repair service. Kubota did not have good, experienced repair folk's and part's availability was pretty scary... nobody wants to be "down" in the middle of the growing season - waiting on parts!

AKfish