JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota?

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #51  
When I bought, the JD dealer was accommodating, easy to work with and higher priced. But he also had product in inventory and could let me drive it.

The Kubota dealer had a young kid for a salesman who was willing to take an order from me but had no clue what I really needed, had no product in inventory and wanted me to buy from looking at pictures.

I went with the Deere and have felt that was the right decision for many years.

+1 When it came time to up grade in a CUT looked at the top three deere, ford/NH and kubota, the kubota dealer wich was also the ford/NH dealer had a good product line but no test drives followed by a whiff of arrogance and not being there twice when the person knew I was serious about buy'n.

Had my fill, liked the kubota and ford/NH line but not the dealer. Went over to the deere dealer who was easy going, chated about what models I was looking at theres and others, test drove and signed papers and had a deere in the drive that evening.

The only thing that was hang'n me up before sign'n for the deere was the price, the deere dealer just met the price of the next most popular CUT of that size.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #52  
+1 When it came time to up grade in a CUT looked at the top three deere, ford/NH and kubota, the kubota dealer wich was also the ford/NH dealer had a good product line but no test drives followed by a whiff of arrogance and not being there twice when the person knew I was serious about buy'n.

Had my fill, liked the kubota and ford/NH line but not the dealer. Went over to the deere dealer who was easy going, chated about what models I was looking at theres and others, test drove and signed papers and had a deere in the drive that evening.

The only thing that was hang'n me up before sign'n for the deere was the price, the deere dealer just met the price of the next most popular CUT of that size.

You know many people think that Deere is a lot more expensive than the top three or four competitors, but when you go and speak to the JD dealers, you find out that Deere's equipment is inline or not far off the mark of the competition. That has been my experience anyways.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #53  
I have a good Deere dealer and a slightly arrogant Deere dealer, although the sales guy is pretty nice the pricing policy is poor. I have a good Kubota dealer too. I have bought three tractors in the last 18 months through dealers ( I sold my 3320 to upgrade to the 4520). I found that the Kubota was essentially the same price as the Deere. The local Massey dealer is good too and their tractors are actually quite a bit less expensive. Of the three brands though, I found the Deere's to be much easier to play with. For example, taking the loader off is stupidly easy and I do it all the time now, whereas on previous tractors I sucked it up or dropped just the bucket. The 2/3/4000 series are really good tractors.

I just spent some time looking hard at the 1026R for my ex wife and it too has great features and beats the BX from Kubota. Mower, Loader, PTO are all better.

Some dealers are great to work with, some aren't. It's too bad because the ones that aren't are giving Deere a bad reputation.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #54  
You know many people think that Deere is a lot more expensive than the top three or four competitors, but when you go and speak to the JD dealers, you find out that Deere's equipment is inline or not far off the mark of the competition. That has been my experience anyways.

When talking 100-200hp tractors that is just not true .

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #55  

In my area ALL of the big stuff (that's new) is JD, including combines. I don't think that would be the case if they were the most expensive. When I was tractor shopping in '08 I looked at every other brand first before I went to the JD dealer. I had a pre-conceived notion that JD would be out of my price range.

Wrong.

They had the best incentives, ie. "The John Deere Equine Association Discount Program" which offered 28% off list. This made them the best deal, which is why I have a green tractor parked in my barn, and not an orange, blue or red one. Well, actually I still have a red one too! I'll never part with my good ol' IH 454!

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #56  

Most TBN members will not have to worry about buying a 100 - 200HP tractor.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #57  
When I did my shopping this past summer I looked at several machines. New Holland, Kubota, John Deere, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, and LS. The list quickly narrowed down to LS, Kubota, and John Deere. Kubota and John Deere had great incentives going so I looked into those. Comparing a 3x20 series John Deere to the Kubota Grand L series they seemed comparable in features and price. I think feature wise the Kubota was a hair better and their price may have been just a hair better. I would go with who is the better dealer 1st. You need to have a good relationship with the dealer to support you through your warranty and after your warranty has expired or you will have headaches when your tractor encounters problems. You won't go wrong buying either machine.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #58  
A pair? A pair of what? A pair of plastic hoods to replace the ones he keeps tearing up doing real work? :laughing:

The JD's are nice, but the small tractors are more like estate tractors. Not like the slightly older metal hooded workhorses. It would have been more expensive that what I bought, but with more stuff I didn't need to pay for. The place I bought mine is a Kubota and John Deere dealership. Good people. Good work. Okay service prices, but then again, labor prices are high any more. Do most of my own service.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #59  

If you ever look at Fendt tractors they cost allot more than Deere. Also the Challeger articulated tractors and 580R combines that where on the farms a few years ago. The Cat's would smoke the Deere 9870 combines that replaced them but the service and price of the Deere's where night and day different. Also when the Cat combines left it was hard finding a buyer that would pay what there worth.

/ JD always more expensive than an equal Kubota? #60  
Fendt sells well here in NE Ohio