Advice on bush hog width vs rear tire width

/ Advice on bush hog width vs rear tire width #41  
I am close to purchasing a 5065e, 4WD with 77 inch outside rear tire width. I want to buy a Bush Hog 296, 6 foot cutter. Is it dumb to have a cutter that won't cover your tire track? I will be 2.5 inches short on each side. I will be cutting logging roads and some food plots and fire break. Some tight spots needing 3 point turn arounds. I can't see that it will matter. I will have to run the tires down the edges and won't cut to the tire track edge but not an issue. Any experience that would suggest a 7 foot cutter (84 inches>77)?

I wouldn't worry about that at all. Do you have enough HP for the 6' cutter is the most important. You are just doing "rough" type mowing so FIDO.

/ Advice on bush hog width vs rear tire width #42  
For what its worth. I have a MX8 behind my tn75d which is a bit heavier than your machine. Its about all that I would want behind that machine. Even with the loader on in really slick conditions I get noticable front end push. The machine is still stable but you know that cutter is back there. HP for turning it is not really an issue and I don't think it would be in your case either. The thing is a 7 foot single spindle cutter is actually quite a bit longer than my twin spindle unit with puts weight farther out making the front end lighter.

In your shoes I would go for a six footer less because of power reasons but based on machine weight alone at least if you're planning on a three point hitch mounted cutter.