5083e, 5093e, 101, or an "M"

/ 5083e, 5093e, 101, or an "M" #31  
global manufacturing

You may not be buying a Japanese tractor but if you buy a 5000M series you'll be buying a Mexican made engine, I think Brazilian Hydraulics, a Chinese Transmission and a US made cab, only assembled in GA, not made in GA. If you buy a 2WD the front axle will be from India, someone needs to go over there and teach them how to weld. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the M series but just so you'll know that's basically what you're getting. Nearly all cast iron parts are being casted in India and China these days.

I visited a Brazilian tractor factory a couple of years ago -- Valtra, south of Sao Paulo. Very impressive, really.

Would be very interesting to see the Deere assembly plant in GA (or Mannheim) and compare it to what I saw in Brazil. They had a nice factory, clean and organized and with some quality materials. Brazilian farmers need dependable machines to run their tens of thousands of acres of crops. The second picture is an equipment shed of one farms I visited, with over 35,000 acres. There were 16 cotton pickers in this shed, but they grew beans and corn too. Big combines, the biggest, traded in every couple of years.

BrazilCard2115.jpg

BrazilCard1032.jpg

/ 5083e, 5093e, 101, or an "M" #32  
Re: global manufacturing

I visited a Brazilian tractor factory a couple of years ago -- Valtra, south of Sao Paulo. Very impressive, really.

Would be very interesting to see the Deere assembly plant in GA (or Mannheim) and compare it to what I saw in Brazil. They had a nice factory, clean and organized and with some quality materials. Brazilian farmers need dependable machines to run their tens of thousands of acres of crops. The second picture is an equipment shed of one farms I visited, with over 35,000 acres. There were 16 cotton pickers in this shed, but they grew beans and corn too. Big combines, the biggest, traded in every couple of years.

/QUOTE]

There ya go! Brazil is right on our heels! They're positioning themselves to be in a world leadership position for agricultural production. Makes perfect business sense for Deere and Massey, et.al. to go where the money is.

AKfish

/ 5083e, 5093e, 101, or an "M" #33  
The 5083, 93 and 101 are the same tractor. The only difference is that the pump is turned up a little on the other two models. And, you can get one size bigger tires. If you knew someone who knew how to bump up those pumps, you could have a 101 easily at the price of a an 83.
You would want to wait until your warranty ran out before you did it though.
I see big farmers that are buying 8365R and 9530s and such, put a programmer on them at the dealer and jump them 100 hp before they leave.