Price Check Pricing a John Deere 1070

/ Pricing a John Deere 1070 #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
I've got a '92 JD 1070 4wd with a 4-n-1 bucket that I am thinking of selling. It has a hair over 1200 hours on it, and a canopy with a couple of cracks from getting a little too close to some low hanging branches. Over all it is a great machine, but now that the house is complete, I find its a little bit too big.

I have looked at tractorhouse.com to find comparable machines but the pickings are slim. Any pricing advice? I was thinking in the neighborhood of $10-11K. I was also thinking of getting the local Kubota dealer to take a look at it as a possible trade, then add a bit to his offer and see if I can get any interest. Its a shame there is no "blue book" for tractors.

thanks for any advice!

/ Pricing a John Deere 1070 #2  
Go to tractorhouse.com to see what is available and what the asking prices for things are.

"Blue Book" ??? I'll bet there is some kind of reference somewhere. I don't know where to look to find it.

Good luck

/ Pricing a John Deere 1070 #3  
Price Digests - Tractor & Grounds Maintenance

Never used it, as you have to have a subscription, but if you are interested...

I think 10-11k is pretty reasonably. Any attachments to go with it? I bought mine from a guy I know so I got a pretty good deal. I paid 4k with a woods rm90 finish mower, but it is 2wd, had twice as many hours, and no fel. When I bought it, I had looked around and it seemed that it should have been priced around 7k. The loader and 4x4 adds a lot to the value.