Buying Advice What size snow blower?

/ What size snow blower? #1  

DABSGT

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032r
I have a JD 855 and after this last storm thinking of a snowblower for the 3 point. What size would be best? Thinking 60 inch.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ What size snow blower? #2  
For my 855 I have FEL, (60" bucket) and a JD 59" front blower. Teamed with a 5' back blade. Works well.

Before I found this blower I was looking into 60" 3pt blowers.
Glad I found the front mount. Lot less trouble than looking over my shoulder all the time.

Deep, wet, heavy snow will be slow going. But it would be with any equipment.

Good luck

/ What size snow blower? #3  
the snow blower has to be a bit wider than your rear tire spacing to keep the path clear while driving backwards

but dont go too big, the tractors HP wont power it

/ What size snow blower? #4  
DABSGT,

I had a JD 750 with 60" rear blower that served me well for many years. The PTO HP on this tractor is 18 versus 19 for the 855. With the 855 hydrostatic drive you'll be better off than with manual I had. Deep snow wasn't a problem!

Just make certain it is wider than your rear tires.

DSC_0420.jpg DSC_0408.jpg

Last edited:
   / What size snow blower?
Thank to all, good info.

I have a front snow blade so I will more than likely get the rear. 60 inch should do it thanks again

David

/ What size snow blower? #6  
Blower on the back and bucket on the front is my preferred combo.... Turn your body sideways in the seat and use your left foot for the hydrostatics.... It's a piece of cake....

/ What size snow blower? #7  
I have a JD 855 and after this last storm thinking of a snowblower for the 3 point. What size would be best? Thinking 60 inch.

I would go with Frontier SB 1164. Check out our site. See attachment

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130214_203405.png
    ForumRunner_20130214_203405.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 217
   / What size snow blower? #8  
I have a 2320 and have the SB 1154 and with the first snowfall (10 cm) I wished I had gone with the 64". Fast forward to the next snowfall, (35 cm) and I was glad I had the 54" as I think the 64 is too big for the tractor under the circumstances. With snow that can fully feed the blower, you need to go very slow with the 54" so I would think the 64 would be pushing it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

/ What size snow blower? #9  
At least 4" wider than the tractor.
Once you use a blower you will wonder why anybody fools around pushing snow.

/ What size snow blower? #10  
At least 4" wider than the tractor.
Once you use a blower you will wonder why anybody fools around pushing snow.

until the snow begins to turn to slush...then youll remember why you push hehe:p