Pros & Cons 2210

/ Pros & Cons 2210 #21  
I have a 2210 With FEL. I do not mow so that was not a issue for me. I looked at the X series extensively but I can not imagine this would be a better move unless you need a mower first and everything else second especially the FEL. The only time I wish I had more FEL power was working with small stumps, but then you need more weight, and HP. I do not really see the benefit of the 4010 over the 2210. They are both really different machines. Try compareing the 4110 HST or the 4115. The 4115 with FEL is about 3k more than the 2210 with noticebly more weight. This is where I personally would trade up too. The 2210 does not offer Rock shaft adjustments like the 4000 series. The 4110 has BH options with a new JD hoe comeing out, although they are expensive. I find hireing a dozer far more cost effective or renting one. The transaxle on the 2210 is aluminum compared to the cast iron on the Kubota, also the frame is a two piece garden tractor style frame as is the 4010 model compared to the 1 piece ladder type frame on the Bx.

/ Pros & Cons 2210 #22  
Dave,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment about the 4010 and the 2210 being different. Whether one tractor is of more benefit than the other depends entirely on each person's needs.

The 2210 will put more power to the mower and rear pto. The 4010 will give you more capacity in the FEL and 3 PT lift.

I've done things with my 4010 I don't think would have been accomplished with the 2210. For example, I tilled up an old pasture using the 50 inch mechanical tiller. I don't think the 3 point on the 2210 would have raised high enough to get the tiller in position over some of the humps.

So--the 4010 has been the machine for me--the 2210 may be a fit for the guy down the road. Different needs--different tractors.

Bob

/ Pros & Cons 2210 #23  
<font color="green">And how can the X loader lift higher than the 210 loader, the 2210 frame mounts are a lot higher off the ground to begin with, I can't imagine how the X can lift higher..... </font>
I've never actually measured them, but according to the specs... 210 Loader lifts 68.5 inches, 45 loader will lift 73 inches. Don't think lift height on either one will get you over the side of a dump truck, but both should be fine for loading a cart or pickup truck...

/ Pros & Cons 2210 #24  
I use a 50" tiller on my 2210 for wildlife food plots. I have had no issues with the lift capacity in the field but the lift capacity is not quite high enough to be able to drive it on the trailer. I like the 4010 due to added weight. They are however both two piece garden tractor style frames. The 2210 has more hp for what little good it does. The machine losses traction as I suspect both the 41010 and 4110 do before they run out of power. The best feature of a 4110 would be for the individual trying to save $ or who just prefers a standard tranny. If I were to do it again I would choose the 4115. This unit is a 1 piece tractor style frame, same hp as the 2210 but at roughly 1750 lbs should have much better traction and moreoptions like the new BH. For my needs it is also really easy to tow. I drive about 1500 miles a month with the tractor in tow. The one thing I really disslike about the 2210 is a lack of rockshaft adjustments which I believe all the 4000 series have.