5053E and 5085M Pricing

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #1  

Courage9027

Tractor
IH 574
Trying to decide between these two. Having a hard time getting a handle on a good price. The consolidation of dealerships makes it almost impossible to negotiate any price. It seems to be a take it or leave it pricing situation. This is alright if the price is fair. My question is what would be a fair mark down from list on these two tractors? 15%? 18%?

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #2  
I just received a price on a 5085M today with about a 13% discount.....not happy with the price. I do have a trade so we will have to see what my 4520 is worth; however, I am afraid Deere may have priced me out of their tractor and I will have to consider a Case/IH.

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing
Thanks for the reply. I think that JD's sales structure could use a change for the better. Even though some people thrive on the quest for the low bottom price I detest having to "work" my way down to a fair price. There isn't enough time in life for all of this drama. Having said that I have talked to people that haved purchased within the last year and got about a 15% discount from list. I just did not know if this is average, good, or bad deal.

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #4  
Thanks for the reply. I think that JD's sales structure could use a change for the better. Even though some people thrive on the quest for the low bottom price I detest having to "work" my way down to a fair price. There isn't enough time in life for all of this drama. Having said that I have talked to people that haved purchased within the last year and got about a 15% discount from list. I just did not know if this is average, good, or bad deal.

Dealer consolidation is gonna make it more difficult for the buying public. Anyone who says differently most likely has their bread "buttered by momma Deere"!! 15% was only an "average" deal just a short time ago.

Especially on the high end models - M's. The dealer's have always had more leeway on those models. The E, D and E limited have smaller margins for the dealer's to work with, typically. The caveat there is Deere can change that paradigm with incentives.. the need to move some inventory backlog.

If you're willing to entertain the idea of having your tractor shipped or if you can haul it... you'll likely find a better deal.

And there are a few dealer's here on TBN that are competitive.

If you get frustrated... or in a hurry - that usually ends up costing - you..

Definitely look at other makes-models. See if your local JD guys will go "toe to toe" with a similar Case/IH. If not.... well, then what kind of attitude will they have if you have warranty or repairs in the future?

Same 'ol yawn and shrug...? Oh, yeah just park it over there - we'll get around to it...

Who needs that?

Good luck.

AKfish

Thanks AKfish for the info. My gut instinct reflected your comments exactly.

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #6  
Just for reference, a good friend of mine bought a 5083e last fall. Standard size tires, 4x4, cab, and 553 loader. He paid $44,000.
He got a quote from two dealers. The other dealer was $3000 higher.

It's been 2 years ago, but I bought a 5085M. Cab, MFWD, 16x16 PowerReverser, dual SVC's, Electro-hydraulic 3 pt hitch, larger radial tires, and 563 loader. I paid 52,000. I probably had quotes from a dozen dealers, and the price spread was nearly $10k. It pays to shop around.

Thanks Bigfoot62 for the info. I guess I'm not looking in the right places. I've gotten 5 quotes from 2 states so far and all have been within $500 and all right around 15% discount from the list price. I'm leaning more towards the 5085M. I would like an open station with 260 loader if I can get one. Any help towards the right place to get a good quote would be appreciated maybe in a PM if possible.

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #8  
Thanks Bigfoot62 for the info. I guess I'm not looking in the right places. I've gotten 5 quotes from 2 states so far and all have been within $500 and all right around 15% discount from the list price. I'm leaning more towards the 5085M. I would like an open station with 260 loader if I can get one. Any help towards the right place to get a good quote would be appreciated maybe in a PM if possible.

Check out JDequipment.com. They are in Ohio and have I think 8 stores so getting a quote from them wouldn't hurt. They have tons of nice used tractors as well. Something might strike your fancy you never know!

/ 5053E and 5085M Pricing #9  
I just got both of these priced out and the discount from the build your own was 19.xx% (just under 20) for MSRP on the Base Tractor and Loader Price (260 MSL). The dealer installed options went on after the discount.

Thanks RollingsFarms and danedgington for the info. I guess I'll keep trying to get a better price. I certainly don't have an extra $2500 to make a dealer happy.