Price Check New 5115M

/ New 5115M #21  
Have you had good service out of your 5085m?

I've got 20 hours on it now, but I think I will have atleast 200+ by the end of this year. Only one problem so far, on the sync shuttle transmission hard to get it into the ranges. Don't know why but its strange have to get it in one way or another. :( Overall the tractors fine. Rides really nice and I like the electronic throttle like my 6000's and 7R.

/ New 5115M #22  
Keith, that's a killer tractor. I've got a 5085 on order, but open station 2WD. Next couple of weeks, hopefully.

You're right that even with good cattle prices it can be hard to make a of money at it, but if it is a priority, it can pay its way and then some. All in what's important. If your dad loves working with cattle, you can't put a price tag on it. He gets to set the priorities and do it the way he wants to. At least it's not like owning a boat, where the money goes one way!

The experts say the way to make money in cattle is not to own nice tractors like we're buying, and buy hay instead. They say it's like buying fertilizer when you buy hay in because it is full of nutrients from the other guys farm, and comes out on your farm in manure and wasted hay. We make alfalfa/grass hay and baleage, and that's tough to buy in my area. We used to make 900 rolls of dry hay first cut, and now we only feed several hundred bales a winter because we stockpile winter fescue for the cows and feed baleage to the weaned calves/yearlings. I do it that way because it is works for my operation. It sure is fun compared to the endless hay marathons of the past -- cutting, tedding, raking, baling, trucking, stacking in barn, day after after day-- when we're busy with crops already, and the hogs, cattle, and poultry don't take care of themselves. Year round grazing and improving our forages has been great and rebalanced the workload away from endless 100 hour weeks in MAy/June.

Anyway, back to the M. I got the triple rear remotes because I have several implements that have hydro motors. I also like being able to adjust the speed that different implements cycle, like the in/out on the mower conditioner. You could add them later if you feel the need for them. Sounds like your machine is pretty well outfitted, they should be great to operate and maintain.

Hope you and your dad get a lot of good work and enjoyment out of your new tractor-