Buying Advice Buying a 3320 JD

/ Buying a 3320 JD #1  

Blaneypark

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 790, JD4100,JD318,JD216 Grasshopper 322D,Wright 52 Stander
At present I have a JD4100 with blower,back blade, mower, and heated cab, also a JD790 with loader, back hoe, blower and backblade. The 4100 sits all summer. The 790 is used all year round.Thinking about selling both and looking at buying a JD3320 with cab, blower, loader and back blade. Any thoughts???

/ Buying a 3320 JD #2  
Sounds like a fine idea

/ Buying a 3320 JD #3  
Sounds like a good idea.

/ Buying a 3320 JD #4  
One quick thought..... are you going with a zero turn or push mower? I noticed the 4100 had a mower and your not replacing it. I have a 4110 with a 59 blower and 60 " mower.. It works great. I was toying with the idea of trading for something in the 36 hp range till I looked at the prices. As usual mine is worthless while the new is priceless. My 55 hp tractor with a backhoe has only 300 hours. I will make due with present company.

/ Buying a 3320 JD
Agent Blue, I have a Grasshopper 60" zero turn, and a Wright 52" stander. Both are great. On the 4100 I have never used the mower.My son and I have a small landscape business. I just hace toooooooo much stuff to post.

/ Buying a 3320 JD #6  
You might want to consider the 3520 or 3720 too. A few more hp can make a big difference in performance.

/ Buying a 3320 JD #7  
I agree. The 3520 has a turbo on it and the 37 has a turbo and an air to air innercooler. Check the price difference, but I think you will like the added torque the turbo gives you.

/ Buying a 3320 JD #8  
Agent Blue, I have a Grasshopper 60" zero turn, and a Wright 52" stander. Both are great. On the 4100 I have never used the mower.My son and I have a small landscape business. I just hace toooooooo much stuff to post.

I have a JD 3520 and I absolutely love it for my lawn/landscape business. Its got the power and manueverability I need to get jobs done. Just a nice size tractor.

/ Buying a 3320 JD #9  
I have a 3320 cab so i can give my honest thoughts.

I came from a 2520 see sig for info.
I was a little worried the 3320 was going to be really underpowered like everyone on here is saying.

After a year of mowing and pushing snow I have to say i am 100% happy with my purchase.
Does it have enough power to run the 72" deck? Yes. I have been able to mow through everything the 2520 could. the extra torque of the 3320 honestly made it not bog down as easy as the 2520 and this is with the aircon on.

For loader work and box blade work 3320 has more then enough power. Just put it in A range and it can spin all 4 all day long and loader lift capacity is the same as the more powerful turbo models.

The 72" blower you do feel the power drop and cant chug through it like you can with the turbo ones. (I've used a 4720 many many times so using that in comparison)

The biggest place the power is very lacking is C range going down the road. if i end up going up a hill on a soft dirt road the speed swing i've seen as much as 16mph top to 12mph on the climb.

Is the 3520 the better choice with the cab? Yes. Did i need the extra power? No. i'm 100% happy with the 3320 and have no interest in stepping up for what i do which is mow and a lot of loader and box blade work.

If i need raw power the John Deere 70 has lots of PTO HP to share :)

/ Buying a 3320 JD #10  
No cab here, but I really like the power of the 3720. Mine does slow down running at transport speeds on hills too and you really know when the Harley rake is on the back. It's far from underpowered, but I'd like more and would surely dislike less. I seldom use A range as it's too slow.

I should add though that I have the larger tire upgrade so that affects my ground speed by a good 10%