New(ish) 5055e

/ New(ish) 5055e #1  

loxahatcheeman

Tractor
5045e
Hello all,

I just wanted to get some feedback about a deal I'm working on with my local dealer...

I was in my local dealership to purchase a new 2013 5045e and while I was there I got talking with the dealer about power vs. cost... long story short, I talked myself into the 2013 5055e since it was only going to be another $2500 and it opened up certain additional implements with the increased PTO HP.

After getting home, the dealer called me to say he couldn't find any 2013 5055e tractors and production had shut down for several months while JD made some changes to the product line (more transmission options I think). It was going to be 4-5 months to get my machine.... that was a downer for sure, but he had another option... He had a 2012 5055e with 60-70 hrs on it that he could sell me as new and knocked off 1200. The tractor was used as a loaner by a local vet to drag their horse ring so I don't think it was abused at all. The dealer said he would service it and touch up any paint that needed it, etc.

He didn't really push me either way and said he would be happy to get me either machine. I could save some money and get it now (as soon as all the other implements come in), or get a "new" one with no time on the engine in 4-5 months...

My question to the forum is: do you think the dealer is just getting rid of "old stock", or am I really getting a nice deal? Is there anything I should be worried about or concerned with? I'm still getting new equipment financing and the new equipment warranty.

The dealer has been honest and no-pressure from the start.

P.S. He did have another 5055e on the lot, but it had too much time to be sold as "new" and the interest rate on used equipment is crazy.

Thanks in advance-

/ New(ish) 5055e #2  
Have him throw in the next maintenance , the one where all fluids and filters are changed.

/ New(ish) 5055e #3  
How much is the interest rate on used tractors? Did he say?

/ New(ish) 5055e #4  
What is the out the door cost? You should be able to buy this tractor w/70hrs including a fel for $25g or less.
I personally dont care for this models transmission.

/ New(ish) 5055e #5  
Have him throw in the next maintenance , the one where all fluids and filters are changed.

You change the hydraulic oil filter at 100 hours but you don't change the fluid until 1000 hours.

/ New(ish) 5055e #6  
I'd like to rent a tractor for $17 an hour. They ought to be able to knock off more then $1200 for 70 hours use.

/ New(ish) 5055e #7  
I'd like to rent a tractor for $17 an hour. They ought to be able to knock off more then $1200 for 70 hours use.

No kidding..! No mention if the price is MSRP. $1,200 off a used tractor @ list price - a good deal - nah... :thumbsdown:

AKfish