Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5203 MFWD(56hp/47pto hp turbo) & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Default Re: I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

Well, guess who didn't showup to my farm today after they "promised" they would be here "first thing Monday morning" to pick up my tractor? I guess the game is still being played to see how long I'll wait this time for them to pick up my tractor since they drug their feet getting the loader. I would have at least liked a call to say "sorry, we won't be able to make it today..." but not even that. Are tractor dealers TRYING to become pain in the you know what like car dealers?

John Deere 5203 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Given the headaches, surely they don't expect you to run out and buy a new rig from them.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I said the same thing, and the price had increased (from $320-360) during shipment, THEN was doubled. Not good for those of us that like our older stuff, and know it will run a lot longer, with a few parts here and there.
    We all expect that part's and wear components - belts, hoses, pumps, etc. will cost more as the equipment gets older. Maintaining inventory, records and manufacturing small lots (low demand) raises the overall cost. But.. to just - on a whim - dictate that something "doubles in price" is BS!

You have to wonder 1.) the basis for the original quote - not thin air - had to come from something and 2.) reneging is wrong.. you don't agree to a price and then change your mind! The only way I'd agree to the higher price would be if the dealer gave me proof of the original price and then conclusive documentation regarding why the cost had increased.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor

I think the price in the book was a good quote, until June, when JD decided that all prices on anything over 10 years old would be double.

It is probably like the "smarter than me" phones, where you cannot change the battery, just have to get a new phone, when the battery will no longer take and hold a charge. (One reason I have a dinosaur phone (15 yo Nokia), and another reason is, I am technologically challenged.)

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    Well, guess who didn't showup to my farm today after they "promised" they would be here "first thing Monday morning" to pick up my tractor? I guess the game is still being played to see how long I'll wait this time for them to pick up my tractor since they drug their feet getting the loader. I would have at least liked a call to say "sorry, we won't be able to make it today..." but not even that. Are tractor dealers TRYING to become pain in the you know what like car dealers?
    Makes you wonder... They're sure workin' to establish a p!ss poor track record. If/when you ever decide to buy a new, E with Powereverser; they'll have to beat the next dealer by a big margin just to make up for past aggravation!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5203 MFWD(56hp/47pto hp turbo) & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Given the headaches, surely they don't expect you to run out and buy a new rig from them.
    Not a chance. I will go elsewhere if I get another Deere or go to the dark side and bring home a NH, CaseIH, or a kubota. I'm watching local small farms do it every week here lately it seems like. The big farms are still green because they can get service at the snap of a finger and a part overnight, yet it takes anyone else weeks to get a part in. I used to not have a problem paying a little extra for that green paint because I knew to keep up a parts operation like Deere has MUST be tons of overhead and cost them money and if I expected to enjoy getting parts faster and longer then anyone else, I was going to have to pay for it. I'm not seeing that "extra benefit" any longer. they take forever to get anything in and some Deere tractors are getting harder and harder to get parts for. the competition is catching up to them, I'm just not sure how close the gap is at this moment.

John Deere 5203 MFWD

Tractor

I think the price in the book was a good quote, until June, when JD decided that all prices on anything over 10 years old would be double.

It is probably like the "smarter than me" phones, where you cannot change the battery, just have to get a new phone, when the battery will no longer take and hold a charge. (One reason I have a dinosaur phone (15 yo Nokia), and another reason is, I am technologically challenged.)
    I'd sure like to see that JD "Policy" in black and white - (no phone pic) - hardcopy paper!

AKfish

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Makes you wonder... They're sure workin' to establish a p!ss poor track record. If/when you ever decide to buy a new, E with Powereverser; they'll have to beat the next dealer by a big margin just to make up for past aggravation!

AKfish
    If my next tractor is a deere I will most likely buy from the dealer you bought your M from. I'll at least give him a shot to give me his business. He seems like a nice fella and I'd have no problems doing business with a guy like him.

John Deere 5203 MFWD

Tractor

I think it is probably the outsourcing too.

I have a client that is an appliance repairman. I always ask his advice before buying a new washing machine, etc. He says, "LG and Samsung are great, when (if) they work, but if a part is needed, they wait until the entire ship is full and ready to sail to send a part over. Both are made in Korea, however Samsung is finally beginning to subcontract work on parts with Whirlpool." I can't tell you how many times he has talked about customers needing an oven of the above listed brands for the holidays, and they called and had the repairman come out before Halloween, parts ordered, etc., but parts did not arrive in time to repair the oven before Thanksgiving.

Sort of makes me wonder about some of this other stuff we wait on for weeks.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    If my next tractor is a deere I will most likely buy from the dealer you bought your M from. I'll at least give him a shot to give me his business. He seems like a nice fella and I'd have no problems doing business with a guy like him.
    He works hard to make sure you're happy! He did very well by me. I had a very good experience with Nathan Gamble @ GreenSouth, too. A little closer for you, too. Been over a year since we corresponded; he probably got promoted by now.

AKfish

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast