Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.

Default Re: I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    He works hard to make sure you're happy! He did very well by me. I had a very good experience with Nathan Gamble @ GreenSouth, too. A little closer for you, too. Been over a year since we corresponded; he probably got promoted by now.

AKfish
    Yeah I haven't seen Nathan post much on here in awhile so I wasn't sure if he was still around or not. I've been impressed with the guy you bought from and will deffinately be contacting him when the time comes. I've never had an issue with pricing with my local dealer. They've usually always been pretty fair and gave me an excellent deal 5 years ago. Their service after the sale just absolutely SUCKS now it seems like. If there's anything I've learned from this it's to get EVERYTHING you want, or think you will want in the future, up front because having to go back through the dealer might be the same circus I'm experiencing! Take a lesson from me all of you who are thinking of buying a tractor in the near future.
    Great grandpa drove blue, grandpa drove green, dad drove red and I drive blue and green

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I think the price in the book was a good quote, until June, when JD decided that all prices on anything over 10 years old would be double.

It is probably like the "smarter than me" phones, where you cannot change the battery, just have to get a new phone, when the battery will no longer take and hold a charge. (One reason I have a dinosaur phone (15 yo Nokia), and another reason is, I am technologically challenged.)
    This simply isn't true. We have lots of JD equipment that is 10-20yrs old and the price of parts has gone up, but not more so than anything else has. That said, we are dealing with 50 series utility and row crop tractors and 5000 series tractors, which have a huge parts commonality over many years so parts are plentiful. Unfortunately, the 50 series compact tractors made by Yanmar have a much more limited parts supply and I have heard of some things being exorbitantly priced.

Also, Deere is really good on the prices on maintenance items and wear parts. I hate kubota for what they charge on things like filters, fluid, etc, it's just insane. The air filter for my little B3200 Kubota costs about $60 and it's the size of a can of soda. The air filter for our 2550 Deere costs $30 and it's the size of a mailbox.
    Kubota B3200
    Ford NAA Jubilee
    International 454D
    Case 1845C skid steer
    JD 265

Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post

Yeah I haven't seen Nathan post much on here in awhile so I wasn't sure if he was still around or not. I've been impressed with the guy you bought from and will deffinately be contacting him when the time comes. I've never had an issue with pricing with my local dealer. They've usually always been pretty fair and gave me an excellent deal 5 years ago. Their service after the sale just absolutely SUCKS now it seems like. If there's anything I've learned from this it's to get EVERYTHING you want, or think you will want in the future, up front because having to go back through the dealer might be the same circus I'm experiencing! Take a lesson from me all of you who are thinking of buying a tractor in the near future.
    You using the one in Bishopville or Manning? Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by PMA View Post

You using the one in Bishopville or Manning? Good luck.

Manning. They have this stupid policy where you have to deal with the store closest to you no matter what. They came and picked up my tractor today. Finally. No way this should have taken a month to get done. I ordered this thing February 21 just to give you an idea of how long this whole deal has taken.
    Great grandpa drove blue, grandpa drove green, dad drove red and I drive blue and green

Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

Manning. They have this stupid policy where you have to deal with the store closest to you no matter what. They came and picked up my tractor today. Finally. No way this should have taken a month to get done. I ordered this thing February 21 just to give you an idea of how long this whole deal has taken.
    I hope you don't have to deal with Jerry. He is a trip. Most arrogant man I have ever dealt with that worked at business that sells products. I will never buy anything there again. So far I have kept my promise to myself. It's been years. Go across the lake to Orangeburg County. Nice guys over there.

Tractor
    JD 2210 JD318 JD332

My JD dealer IS LAZY and when I walk thru the door of his showroom I become invisible. I have owned JD equipment for over 40 years, they will not be getting any more of my money. I live in SE Mass, all of the good JD dealers in this area are gone.
    Ken
    "Wake up, if you want your dreams to come true."

Tractor

Update: paid for my loader on Monday morning. Here it is Wednesday and guess who's still without a tractor?lol I'm seriously beginning to despise owning John Deere equipment.

Tractor
    Rhino 554,Ford 3000, JD550G dozer Gilson MTD riding mowers

Update: paid for my loader on Monday morning. Here it is Wednesday and guess who's still without a tractor?lol I'm seriously beginning to despise owning John Deere equipment.
    I may have to revise my earlier glowing report to, went in to see if they could help find a part for a tiller , parking lot had about 8 vehicles out front, went in stood at the counter, two other people were also waiting. The counter person was putting parts out in the show room.
    waited 14 minutes , not one word from the Jd sales/ parts /person. to anyone in the room . I waited 15 minutes and just turned around and walked out he didn't even say goodbye I'm starting to wonder if they have cut the staff down to the bone?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by sd455dan View Post
    I may have to revise my earlier glowing report to, went in to see if they could help find a part for a tiller , parking lot had about 8 vehicles out front, went in stood at the counter, two other people were also waiting. The counter person was putting parts out in the show room.
    waited 14 minutes , not one word from the Jd sales/ parts /person. to anyone in the room . I waited 15 minutes and just turned around and walked out he didn't even say goodbye I'm starting to wonder if they have cut the staff down to the bone?
    I'm not sure but I can tell you that my local dealer is 4 salesman. You only ever see 2 of them because the other two do nothing but big Ag sales and I rarely ever see them. The two salesman I see the most, you better get there before 11:00 that morning or you'll never see them after that. Parts counter usually has 3-4 people behind it and ALWAYS has 3 or more people ahead of you when you go in there. I've never walked in and seen nobody waiting on parts. Never. I bet you that part you were looking for would have to be ordered anyways. 5 years ago it would have been in stock most likely. Now it seems like you have to order everything and it takes a week or two for it to come in. In the case of my front end loader it took close to 4 weeks.

Platinum Member

I'm not sure but I can tell you that my local dealer is 4 salesman. You only ever see 2 of them because the other two do nothing but big Ag sales and I rarely ever see them. The two salesman I see the most, you better get there before 11:00 that morning or you'll never see them after that. Parts counter usually has 3-4 people behind it and ALWAYS has 3 or more people ahead of you when you go in there. I've never walked in and seen nobody waiting on parts. Never. I bet you that part you were looking for would have to be ordered anyways. 5 years ago it would have been in stock most likely. Now it seems like you have to order everything and it takes a week or two for it to come in. In the case of my front end loader it took close to 4 weeks.
    how exactly do you equate a complete loader to a parts item anyways. Been reading your rambling and griping for a while now in this thread but a part to me would consist of a single item. I would consider complete structure (with its own s/n) a piece of machinery. Posts like yours are why no-one can believe anything they read on forums. It is possible that you are one of "those guys" that when the dealer employees see you parking they scatter!!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast