I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #111  
how exactly do you equate a complete loader to a parts item anyways. Been reading your rambling and griping for a while now in this thread but a part to me would consist of a single item. I would consider complete structure (with its own s/n) a piece of machinery. Posts like yours are why no-one can believe anything they read on forums. It is possible that you are one of "those guys" that when the dealer employees see you parking they scatter!!

Come on... don't you just hate it afterwards -- when you finally "lose it" and just spit somethin' out there?!? Then you have to go back and re-read it... :embarrassed:

AKfish

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
how exactly do you equate a complete loader to a parts item anyways. Been reading your rambling and griping for a while now in this thread but a part to me would consist of a single item. I would consider complete structure (with its own s/n) a piece of machinery. Posts like yours are why no-one can believe anything they read on forums. It is possible that you are one of "those guys" that when the dealer employees see you parking they scatter!!

If you don't like my "rambling" and "griping" don't read my posts. Problem solved. I noticed you didn't bother to respond to where i ordered a suspension seat for a 910 zero turn, which in still waiting on btw. Would you call that a peice of machinery? To me that's a part. As for the loader, my salesman told me it would be ordered from a PARTS warehouse and shipped and take two weeks. They don't build them when you order them genius. The whole thing comes on a pallet. I have spent and spend plenty of money at my dealership and farmer friends of mine has spent tens of thousands of dollars as well so without us they wouldn't last too long I promise you. Why do you think the case IH dealer is beating their brains out right now?

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #113  
Most of the time I have good luck with most dealers but on rare occasions I have had to do a little complaing to get the results I or any other customer should expect from any dealer. Like the old saying the squeaky wheel gets the greese. I know some people think if they complain they will get worse results but I have always had good luck. They want to do all they can to make you happy when your upset and may call people above them to complain. I think sometimes we have to remind these places who helps pay the bills at these places to keep the lights on

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #114  

I used to work shipping and receiving back about 20 years ago and there was always "that guy" we would see pulling up. And this is what we would do. This statement made me laugh because it is so true lmao

Yeah I guess I have no reason to complain about it taking well over a month to get a freaking loader ordered and put on my tractor. I guess it's also not reasonable to expect to have my tractor returned to me after I pay the bill. Sorry, ill just bend over and take it up the rear like a good little Deere customer who better dare not step out of line and question the almighty mother Deere. They won't have to worry about running from me because Idont plan on ever giving them my business again. Piss on em.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #116  
If you don't like my "rambling" and "griping" don't read my posts. Problem solved. I noticed you didn't bother to respond to where i ordered a suspension seat for a 910 zero turn, which in still waiting on btw. Would you call that a peice of machinery? To me that's a part. As for the loader, my salesman told me it would be ordered from a PARTS warehouse and shipped and take two weeks. They don't build them when you order them genius. The whole thing comes on a pallet. I have spent and spend plenty of money at my dealership and farmer friends of mine has spent tens of thousands of dollars as well so without us they wouldn't last too long I promise you. Why do you think the case IH dealer is beating their brains out right now?

I don't think he read all of the posts, because the worst part of what you've had to deal with to me anyway is a dealership like JD making a definite appointment (promise) to pickup your tractor at a certain time and day, they don't show they don't call. and you're the problem... how would most people like waiting around all day for nothing, not like you don't have anything else to do right??
If that were me, I would have been doing a slow burn and probably let them have it...The fact that back on post #52 JD corporate was informed of this thread.. and no one cared enough to even call and apologize to you or even acknowledge that things could have been handled differently speaks volumes..what happened to PR departments, edit : Hopefully someone from JDs public relations will try and salvage this situation, John Deere built their reputation on more than just a quality product, I have to believe that service to the customer is still important...Here's to hoping for a positive outcome, for you. After much thought I want to believe that someone at the corporate level, once made aware of this would try and keep a long time Deere owner happy.

Last edited:
I don't think he read all of the posts, because the worst part of what you've had to deal with to me anyway is a dealership like JD making a definite appointment (promise) to pickup your tractor at a certain time and day, they don't show they don't call. and you're the problem... how would most people like waiting around all day for nothing, not like you don't have anything else to do right??
If that were me, I would have been doing a slow burn and probably let them have it...The fact that back on post #52 JD corporate was informed of this thread.. and no one cared enough to even call and apologize to you or even acknowledge that things could have been handled differently speaks volumes..what happened to PR departments, maybe they just don't care???

Apparently you're supposed to put up with extra crap because it's John Deere and you should consider yourself lucky to own such equipment. I'm reading in other threads where dealers call folks to come look at a new tractor that just came in because they told that dealer they'd like to see one in person even though they aren't in the market for a new tractor. All I asked for was a call after the promised two weeks had passed to let me know they were still looking....something. Then I had to wait on them to pickup my tractor, even though they didn't showup on the day they told me they would and I sat around waiting and waiting. No call then either. Now my tractor sits on their lot ready to go, paid for (the return delivery is even paid for) and I sit here with no tractor. Let it be known that I paid the bill Monday morning around 10:00. I wasn't expecting them to bend over backwards and deliver it to me that afternoon because he said he had a new tractor to deliver. Fine with me. What's the excuse for Tuesday and Wednesday? Here I am, the customer, getting beaten up on a message board because apparently it's my fault I'm being treated this way. Guess I should just do that dealer a big favor and go somewhere else huh? He'd never have to worry with me again and I'd get better service somewhere else. It's not like I'm up there every week bothering them about this or that. I haven't even set foot in the place since 2010 when I bought my $7,200 z-turn. Everytime I go in there I spend money so you'd think they'd be all smiles when they saw me coming because they knew they were about to sell something more then a $30 filter or some crap. I'm not the type of person to complain openly. I'll just take my business and money somewhere else. Let them figure out why I left. I highly doubt I'm the only one who would be bothered by this whole ordeal.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #118  
Rollingsfarms is absolutely correct The dealership in our area is the rudest group I have ever seen. If you not a big farmer, the heck with you. My cousin bought a Gator from them and has had nothing but problems with it and they told him that small equipment was low priority Pretty much told him to kiss off. I won't even buy a bolt from them anymore because of a $30 part relay switch under the seat costing me $1200 labor. Did talk them down where it cost me like $800. I got a DEAL.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #119  
I sent a note to JD corporate via their website telling them about this thread, and they responded with an acknowledgement. I hope they are listening to their customers.

??????

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #120  
I have had experience with Kubota, Deere, New Holland and Caterpillar and by far, the Caterpillar guys will bend over back wards and it is where I spend the least... no waiting, eager to help, shop foreman will answer questions and let you look in the library if you are working on something old...

In my non-scientific SF Bay Area Experience...

Caterpillar... Outstanding Service and parts on the shelf for my 35 year old D3
Deere... Good Service, small inventory and usually a line.
Kubota... Keep closing all the Dealers around me... 3 so far!
New Holland... Wouldn't give me the time of day after I bought a even though I still had the old 8n