Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Default Re: I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

A few weeks back I was down at my local dealer (Pape') and was telling the general manager about the tractor safety course I was gonna take over spring break. I also had heard were gonna be running red tractors on the course. So day one of the course I get there and lo and behold 2 brand new Deere's sitting on the course and the instructors wearing Pape' hats. I thought that was so cool that I got a few pictures and texted them to the general manager as well as personally thanked him. To me it was just really neat to see a mega dealer donate 2 brand new Deere's (4720 & 5065M) to the 4H program for no charge, no fuel charge either. I like them even more now.

-img_0144-jpg -img_0145-jpg -img_0146-jpg
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere3720 View Post
    A few weeks back I was down at my local dealer (Pape') and was telling the general manager about the tractor safety course I was gonna take over spring break. I also had heard were gonna be running red tractors on the course. So day one of the course I get there and lo and behold 2 brand new Deere's sitting on the course and the instructors wearing Pape' hats. I thought that was so cool that I got a few pictures and texted them to the general manager as well as personally thanked him. To me it was just really neat to see a mega dealer donate 2 brand new Deere's (4720 & 5065M) to the 4H program for no charge, no fuel charge either. I like them even more now.

that's pretty cool!

John Deere 5325 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Tractor

Still no tractor. I cut them some slack for yesterday because it rained here ALL day long, however, I kinda was expecting them to deliver it first thing this morning since the weather is good. Looks like I'll shoot for Monday delivery.lol

John Deere 5325 MFWD

Tractor
    Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X

Smart business man. Nothing like recruiting future customers as soon as you can.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    Still no tractor. I cut them some slack for yesterday because it rained here ALL day long, however, I kinda was expecting them to deliver it first thing this morning since the weather is good. Looks like I'll shoot for Monday delivery.lol
    You've got way more patience than I do.
    ____
    Jay

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD M, JD B, JD A, JD 50, JD 60, JD 420 JD 530, JD 630, JD 1010, JD 1010 Crawler,JD 3020G, JD 3020D, JD 2520 Compact Utility, JD 4720 Compact Utility

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    Did you call them to see if they had it done, or had they set a date for delivery? I see that you mentioned you have paid them for it, but were any other expectations discussed?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by raheimdal View Post

Did you call them to see if they had it done, or had they set a date for delivery? I see that you mentioned you have paid them for it, but were any other expectations discussed?
    They had the loader on it middle of last week. It was ready to roll. I wrote the check to the dealer Monday morning and he said he had a new tractor to deliver that day and would deliver mine after that. I took that to mean he would bring my tractor back that afternoon possibly but most likely the next day. They are paid in full, including delivery. Either they forgot, they're busy doing something else, or who knows what. This is typical of the local Deere dealer though the past few years. I think they go out of their way to see how bad they can suck.

John Deere 5325 MFWD

Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

Quote Originally Posted by raheimdal View Post
    post 117 ( ready to go ) and paid for , another post said dealer (monday had another tractor to deliver) but today is friday and it's noon in the pacific northwest , so 3 pm ? there? no call ..I use my tractor almost every day i'm sure he does to... This dealer is giving John Deere a black eye how else can this be seen?? Hope they get it to him late this afternoon ( With an apology) Failing that a phone call -and a BIG Apology at a minimum....

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

They probably have an office pool going to see how long before the op pops a gasket.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

That's great to hear about Pape.
    Helping 4 h is a wonderful way to help the future American Farmers and other good things kids can learn in 4H

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast