I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #121  
A few weeks back I was down at my local dealer (Pape') and was telling the general manager about the tractor safety course I was gonna take over spring break. I also had heard were gonna be running red tractors on the course. So day one of the course I get there and lo and behold 2 brand new Deere's sitting on the course and the instructors wearing Pape' hats. I thought that was so cool that I got a few pictures and texted them to the general manager as well as personally thanked him. To me it was just really neat to see a mega dealer donate 2 brand new Deere's (4720 & 5065M) to the 4H program for no charge, no fuel charge either. I like them even more now. :thumbsup:

IMG_0144.jpg IMG_0145.jpg IMG_0146.jpg

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
A few weeks back I was down at my local dealer (Pape') and was telling the general manager about the tractor safety course I was gonna take over spring break. I also had heard were gonna be running red tractors on the course. So day one of the course I get there and lo and behold 2 brand new Deere's sitting on the course and the instructors wearing Pape' hats. I thought that was so cool that I got a few pictures and texted them to the general manager as well as personally thanked him. To me it was just really neat to see a mega dealer donate 2 brand new Deere's (4720 & 5065M) to the 4H program for no charge, no fuel charge either. I like them even more now. :thumbsup:

View attachment 311695 View attachment 311696 View attachment 311697

that's pretty cool!

Still no tractor. I cut them some slack for yesterday because it rained here ALL day long, however, I kinda was expecting them to deliver it first thing this morning since the weather is good. Looks like I'll shoot for Monday delivery.lol

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #124  

Smart business man. Nothing like recruiting future customers as soon as you can.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #125  
Still no tractor. I cut them some slack for yesterday because it rained here ALL day long, however, I kinda was expecting them to deliver it first thing this morning since the weather is good. Looks like I'll shoot for Monday delivery.lol

You've got way more patience than I do. :thumbsup:

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #126  

Did you call them to see if they had it done, or had they set a date for delivery? I see that you mentioned you have paid them for it, but were any other expectations discussed?

Did you call them to see if they had it done, or had they set a date for delivery? I see that you mentioned you have paid them for it, but were any other expectations discussed?

They had the loader on it middle of last week. It was ready to roll. I wrote the check to the dealer Monday morning and he said he had a new tractor to deliver that day and would deliver mine after that. I took that to mean he would bring my tractor back that afternoon possibly but most likely the next day. They are paid in full, including delivery. Either they forgot, they're busy doing something else, or who knows what. This is typical of the local Deere dealer though the past few years. I think they go out of their way to see how bad they can suck.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #128  
post 117 ( ready to go ) and paid for , another post said dealer (monday had another tractor to deliver) but today is friday and it's noon in the pacific northwest , so 3 pm ? there? no call ..I use my tractor almost every day i'm sure he does to... This dealer is giving John Deere a black eye how else can this be seen?? Hope they get it to him late this afternoon ( With an apology) Failing that a phone call -and a BIG Apology at a minimum....

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #129  
They probably have an office pool going to see how long before the op pops a gasket. :mad:

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #130  

That's great to hear about Pape.
Helping 4 h is a wonderful way to help the future American Farmers and other good things kids can learn in 4H