I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
They probably have an office pool going to see how long before the op pops a gasket. :mad:

I won't blow a gasket. Ill make them come out on the losing end because I plan on buying another tractor this summer/fall and have been seriously debating getting a UTV as well in the near future. Guess who WON'T be on my list? I'll contact another Deere dealer that's about 45 mins away who has nothing to do with this outfit and contact a few out of state ones as well. I'm the same way when it comes with anything else, I talk with my wallet because that gets the most attention. It's really inconvenient when the dealer who is 15 mins from you is really crappy and you have to go a long ways off to get any sort of decent service.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #132  
It's too bad it's got to be that way.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #133  
I know it's frustrating, but what do you feel the dealers response would be if you called right now, and just like nothing was wrong asked them if they were going to be out with your tractor today? I agree they made you promises that they aren't delivering on, but I doubt they have all their staff sitting around doing nothing and getting paid. For whatever reason, you're not getting the service you deserve, but it could be an innocent mistake.

Say "Joe" was going to deliver it after he dropped off the new tractor on Monday. He gets to that person's place, and to give them a good experience, spends longer there than he thought. That misses your delivery. He calls in sick on Tuesday, and figures someone else will be assigned to bring yours out. Everyone else is busy because they are a man down, and it gets forgotten about.

Does that let them off the hook, no. Do you deserve an apology, your bet. Is posting your frustration on this thread going to help, well maybe, but probably not at much as giving them a call.

After reading most of these posts, it sounds like a lot of people are in your shoes, and I've been there as well. I'm just thinking that a few pleasant conversations with someone at the dealership will get things solved. It doesn't even have to be the owner. Start with whoever you get along with the best, maybe its a sales person, the parts guy, or one of the mechanics. Being on the inside they will know the "politics" of the place and might just have things wrapped up today, and to your satisfaction.

The way i look at it, is no-one is out to lose a customer, friend, or neighbor. Sure the dealerships might not be owned by local guys that you see at church on Sunday, or have children are on the same football team as yours, but there are still people working there trying to earn a living that do.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #134  
Now you're just being logical. :D

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #135  
At very least (given the delays on this) the tractor should come back cleaned (if it was at all dirty), with a full tank of fuel and an apologetic delivery person.
IMO, even in that case, there should be a call saying "Sorry for the delay here is what happened" and it should be delivered today.

I know it's frustrating, but what do you feel the dealers response would be if you called right now, and just like nothing was wrong asked them if they were going to be out with your tractor today? I agree they made you promises that they aren't delivering on, but I doubt they have all their staff sitting around doing nothing and getting paid. For whatever reason, you're not getting the service you deserve, but it could be an innocent mistake.
Would be worth a call asking if something happened because the tractor hasn't shown up yet and you had some projects planned for this weekend to use the new loader...

Aaron Z

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #136  
Maybe they delivered it to the wrong address...

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #137  
Bet you aren't getting anything but the same tractor with the same dirt, the same level of fuel and an expectation that you remain grateful for whatever attention you did get.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
I will not call because if I do that then I will demand they waive the $100 delivery fee. If I have to do your job as well as think and remember for you too, what good are you where I should have to pay you money? I did all the work not you. I rode by there Sunday afternoon and its the only tractor in the lot where they keep customers tractors. You can't miss it! There really is no excuse for this. None. It is not my job to track someone down. If it is then I suggest they stop charging fees for their services and just start doing it for free because at least then the service would fit the cost.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #139  
The only thing I can say is when JD sends out the service survey on the dealer, light them up.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #140  
I think we've all heard the old adage "don't cut off your nose to spite your face". If you don't call them, and they don't call you, I bet your tractor will be sitting in the same spot next week. If your intent is to be mad at them, you're sure that they are not going to be nice in return.

Don't forget, I've already agreed with you. They are in the wrong. It would be nice if they admitted that and did something to repair the relationship. If they don't, you have the option to move on to a new dealer, or even a different color of tractor. It is probably hard to come up with a positive thing to say about them, but why not look at every interaction as a new chance to have them impress you.

Maybe your not willing to do anything to repair your relationship with this dealer, but I hope others reading this thread come away with the feeling of never letting it get this bad. The people that can make the best out of a bad situation always feel better, even if they come out on the "losing" end.