I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #141  
I will not call because if I do that then I will demand they waive the $100 delivery fee. If I have to do your job as well as think and remember for you too, what good are you where I should have to pay you money? I did all the work not you. I rode by there Sunday afternoon and its the only tractor in the lot where they keep customers tractors. You can't miss it! There really is no excuse for this. None. It is not my job to track someone down. If it is then I suggest they stop charging fees for their services and just start doing it for free because at least then the service would fit the cost.

Take a ride to your dealer when they are open and not on a "Sunday afternoon" you are acting worse than a baby. Walk in and talk to the OWNER face to face, you should be able to straighten this out in a couple of minutes. If you were closer I would do this for you as you have lost all common sense. Yes I did agree with you that JD dealers are lazy (see post#106) but this is crazy. Take my advice, you can do it.
Good luck,
Ken

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
Take a ride to your dealer when they are open and not on a "Sunday afternoon" you are acting worse than a baby. Walk in and talk to the OWNER face to face, you should be able to straighten this out in a couple of minutes. If you were closer I would do this for you as you have lost all common sense. Yes I did agree with you that JD dealers are lazy (see post#106) but this is crazy. Take my advice, you can do it.
Good luck,
Ken

A baby? Really? Did you ever stop to think that maybe I am BUSY during the hours they are open? Hence why I scheduled to be around the day the salesman said he was going to pickup my tractor. I also mentioned that if you don't catch these guys before 11-12 then you won't see them the rest of the day. Do I REALLY want to take time off work to go track down a grown man who is too stupid to remember to return a tractor that belongs to me that the delivery fee has already been paid for? I'm not retired with nothing to do like some guys on here. I have a LONG ways to go before I come close to retiring. I work two jobs actually between farming and my electrical business. I don't have time to go stomping around after some dealer because they can't keep their d@mn word time and time and time again. Btw, the owner of this dealership does not reside in the town this one is in. no, he sits up in his office in another town where the main dealership is, the one that bought this one out and ran it into the ground to begin with. Screw him, I would just get mad from talking to him because he will just blow me off and say "you need to go talk to your local dealer...." You are right though this IS crazy and this has not only happened to me but has happened to plenty of others folks besides me. How this place stays in business I have NO clue. It defies all business sense to me how they do it. I wouldn't wish the crappy service this dealer gives to my worst enemy. Alot of you think I'm stretching the truth about how bad this dealer has become but trust me, no stretching here. If only I could tell you the stories I've heard about this place, it'd make you cry.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #143  
Good luck,
Ken
If he has to drive to the dealer to discuss it, he may as well bring the tractor home himself.
If that's the case the dealer was useless

If he has to drive to the dealer to discuss it, he may as well bring the tractor home himself.
If that's the case the dealer was useless

The only reason I haven't gone to the dealer and driven my tractor home myself is 1) I've already paid them the $100 fee to return it to me and I could see issues with getting that refunded to me. 2) I haven't had the time lately. I would have to find someone to take me to the dealer so I could drive the tractor home and it's about 15-20 mins by car so I guess it would take me about an hour to drive it home. I'd really hate to put that much road wear on my R1 tires also and driving through a busy town with all of those fool drivers would just suck.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #145  
I know your at your wits end and pissed beyond belief, but it IS your tractor. JD reps and dealers do read this site. Mine does. I would call the dealer everyday to get your tractor returned or every hour untill its delivered. If you don't, they will just sit there until a slow day and then return it. They will tell you something came up and they couldn't get it to you. Aggravate them as much as this is aggravating you. Or, if you pick it up yourself, send a bill for your time to the main owner telling him of the situation and say you also contacted JD about it. I don't care how big of a dealer he is, JD will respond.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #146  
I know your at your wits end and pissed beyond belief, but it IS your tractor. JD reps and dealers do read this site. Mine does. I would call the dealer everyday to get your tractor returned or every hour untill its delivered. If you don't, they will just sit there until a slow day and then return it. They will tell you something came up and they couldn't get it to you. Aggravate them as much as this is aggravating you. Or, if you pick it up yourself, send a bill for your time to the main owner telling him of the situation and say you also contacted JD about it. I don't care how big of a dealer he is, JD will respond.

Good advice, jd670. I was thinking of posting along the same lines. I just hope JD and their dealers do read this forum and especially this thread. My quibbles with JD dealers have been puny compared to some of the stuff I have read here.

Last edited:
I called first thing this morning to find out what in the world was going on. I talked to the salesman and he said he'd been on vacation the past few days. He didn't give specific days, but I figured maybe he'd at least call to tell me or have someone else deliver it. He also didn't mention anything about going on vacation on the day I paid for the loader and said he'd deliver it the next day. I guess my mind works differently then others. Then he said he couldn't get the truck yesterday because it was out on another delivery. They have several types of delivery trucks depending on the size tractor you have and they've always hauled mine on a flatbed rollback. He told me it would be here first thing this morning. You see what time it is now.lol Anybody got any other ideas?

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #148  
Start being relentless. Call him now and ask where it is? Tell him to call you back. If you do not hear from him in an hour, call him again. Then call him everyday and may be two or three times a day until he gets sick of hearing from you or until you get your tractor back. Be like the squeaky wheel!

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #149  
I called first thing this morning to find out what in the world was going on. I talked to the salesman and he said he'd been on vacation the past few days. He didn't give specific days, but I figured maybe he'd at least call to tell me or have someone else deliver it. He also didn't mention anything about going on vacation on the day I paid for the loader and said he'd deliver it the next day. I guess my mind works differently then others. Then he said he couldn't get the truck yesterday because it was out on another delivery. They have several types of delivery trucks depending on the size tractor you have and they've always hauled mine on a flatbed rollback. He told me it would be here first thing this morning. You see what time it is now.lol Anybody got any other ideas?
Contact Deere Corporate, point them to this thread and ask them what they suggest?

Aaron Z

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #150  
I like to list as many questions as I can possibly think of and have them in front of me. Keep level headed, but keep after it with a long string of questions:

Why is this taking so long?

Do you want to keep my business?

When was the work completed?

Do you know that I have work to do that I can't get to because of the delays?

Would you be satisfied with this sort of a delay?

Given the delay, what sort of discount or refund should I be expecting?

Be sure he answers each question. If he doesn't, call him on it. Get a real answer, not a brush off to each question.

When he tries to get off the phone, don't relent. You'd be surprised how easy it is to keep a person on the phone. If you don't say goodbye, he probably won't let the conversation go. If he HANGS UP ... well then, that is what you speak to the next person up in management about along with just as many questions.

Also, keep a log of all communications. Cite the amount of time and number calls and visits you have made.

BE RELENTLESS.

Last edited: