Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Default Re: I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    I heard an accurate saying from an elderly farmer awhile back. Some JD dealers are what help make John Deere what it is today. Other JD dealers help make kubota as popular as they are today.

Very true. Kubota has certainly worked hard to deliver a fine product and impressive customer service but a good portion of it's success comes from the business being ceded to them by Deere. It seems like Deere doesn't want the hassle of the lower portion of the tractor biz and is OK with it going to Kubota, or really anyone that wants it.

Unfortunately, Kubota is now up to the 135 HP class mid-size tractor and is really making inroads in areas I don't think Deere and others would like to see. Kubota is becoming a real player.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Silver Member

North Alabama

I will have to side with JD670 here, my local mom and pop JD dealer has been at the same location and building for at least 45 years that I know of. It is run by the brother and sister since mom and dad retired. I get my rider serviced there and any parts I need and have always gotten good service. When I special order something I always get a phone call that my parts are in.

Now to the flip side, stopped into one of the Mega JD stores yesterday and needed a blade connector for a K1 relay on my X495 that was not listed in the manuals. The kid behind the counter said no we can't order that and I asked so what if I had brought this mower in here for repair how would you fix it? He looked at me and said well lets go out in the garage and find out. We talked to a seasoned mechanic who stated he would have to show him what to look up on a different tractor model number so we all went back to the parts counter and I walked away with the part I needed.

I was impressed that it didn't just end with no we can't order that, they went out of their way to help me and provide the parts I needed.

Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH View Post
    North Alabama

I will have to side with JD670 here, my local mom and pop JD dealer has been at the same location and building for at least 45 years that I know of. It is run by the brother and sister since mom and dad retired. I get my rider serviced there and any parts I need and have always gotten good service. When I special order something I always get a phone call that my parts are in.

Now to the flip side, stopped into one of the Mega JD stores yesterday and needed a blade connector for a K1 relay on my X495 that was not listed in the manuals. The kid behind the counter said no we can't order that and I asked so what if I had brought this mower in here for repair how would you fix it? He looked at me and said well lets go out in the garage and find out. We talked to a seasoned mechanic who stated he would have to show him what to look up on a different tractor model number so we all went back to the parts counter and I walked away with the part I needed.

I was impressed that it didn't just end with no we can't order that, they went out of their way to help me and provide the parts I needed.
    This sounds similar to my experience. I was not impressed with the sales manager at my JD mega dealer, but the parts counter seems to want to help and the prices are better there than the L&G dealer where I bought my CUT.
    John Deere 3038E/305 FEL/Frontier RB5060 rear blade/Frontier RC2060 rotary cutter/Harbor Freight quick hitch/Titan clamp-on forks/Priefert single bottom plow/Priefert 16x16 disc plow/Priefert 6' landscape rake/Taylor Pittsburgh Carry All/Land Pride BB1572 box blade/Fimco 40 gal. 3 point sprayer/Rankin subsoiler/Bearcat chipper-shredder/, more to come ...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320 - gator cx

Just curious to what the dealer or salesperson said when they finally brought your tractor back. Also, how nice is it to have a loader.....

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by scobrado View Post
    This sounds similar to my experience. I was not impressed with the sales manager at my JD mega dealer, but the parts counter seems to want to help and the prices are better there than the L&G dealer where I bought my CUT.
    There is a mega dealer near me and the parts guys are just super. On the other hand, I called a salesman to ask the price of an implement in the yard because none was listed and I wanted to buy it. Said I was in the yard at the moment but call me back. That was two weeks ago and, if that were the last implement on earth, I wouldn't buy it from him. And I will never, ever call back.
    To forgive easily invites offense.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Should have differentiated my positive Deere references have been at the "Yellow" Deere dealers.

My not so positives have been at the "Green" Deere Dealers.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617