I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #11  
Sounds like Deere is repeating a cycle they did back in the late 70's and into the 80's before they woke up. They thought their green paint would sell themselves with little to no haggling. I remember alot of the local dealers wouldn't take to you seriously unless you had cash or huge down payment. some of their tv adds would even say..."it pays to spend a little more on a john deere". If you had a trade in of any other color, it wasn't worth anything. Well when NH came out with the boomer tractors and Kubota came out with sub compacts, Deere saw their market share drop. Dealers started to deal and Jd came out with alot of new product and a little lower price. Way too many good tractors on the market now for Deere to act this way.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #12  
I had similar results from the huge JD dealer in Ore. They bought up all the JD dealers and cater to corporate ag and construction accounts. I put in a simple request for quotes on 3032E and 3038E tractors and a couple implements using the JD 0% 60 mo. financing. What I got was a super sketchy series of emails culminating with a brief email (not a real quote) offering a used 2011 3038E that wasn't eligible for the JD financing. But I was told I could get "good" financing (but no actual terms specified) for the used tractor. They obviously don't give a hoot about me or my business.

I got a better price and a real quote on a new 3038E from the only other JD dealer in Ore., which is a lawn & garden shop. So they only sell up to 100 HP.

I am getting better pricing from the mega dealer on parts and supplies, however. The price on 5 gal. of hy gard was almost double at the lawn & garden shop. So it really pays to shop around.

Last edited:
   / I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #13  
Several years ago the local JD dealer was bought out by a Mega dealer. Now they have ten stores. The former owners are now employees. They no longer deal with the "hobby" owners. Their mantra is "the price is the price, take it or leave it"

I rarely buy new, but if I did, I would give tractorslinger first shot before the Mega dealer. :drink:

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #14  
Rollingsfarms. U talking about case international dealer in Bishopville. Good guys over there, see Brigg. Or if you go to the one in Williamsburg county see mike I don't buy nothing from S&K. I have JD equipment and buy parts from St Matthews. I have a JD tractor, disc mower, rake and tedder I bought from S&K. They ain't getting no more of my money. Long story.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
Rollingsfarms. U talking about case international dealer in Bishopville. Good guys over there, see Brigg. Or if you go to the one in Williamsburg county see mike I don't buy nothing from S&K. I have JD equipment and buy parts from St Matthews. I have a JD tractor, disc mower, rake and tedder I bought from S&K. They ain't getting no more of my money. Long story.

S&K are exactly who I'm talking about! They've gone to crud here in the past couple of years it seems like. I date a girl that lives in Orangeburg and always swing by the John Deere dealer there. I've heard good things about them, I think they are the same one's in St. Matthews too? Guess Farm Equipment? I've never been to the Case dealer in Bishopville, but isn't the same guy that owns the one in Orangeburg too? That's who I've been hearing alot about from everyone lately. Pioneer Farm Equipment down the road sells NH, Kubota, and used to sell MF but don't know if they still do or not. I'm not expecting to have the red carpet rolled out for me, but man, when I want a piece of equipment and you tell me you'll order it and call me when it comes in, you should do just that! Don't expect ME to chase after YOU trying to give you MY money. Their salesman have also gotten bad about telling you what you do and don't "need" here lately. I tried to order the weight bracket for my tractor along with my loader and was told "you don't need that". in other words he wouldn't order it even after I said "I might not need it but I want it". I also didn't understand why the loader was going to cost me $5,900 plus pickup and delivery even though I have loaded rear tires, joy stick, brush guard already on my tractor. does the 553 loader cost more then $5,900 WITH all that stuff (loaded tires, brush guard, joystick)?

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #16  
yes the 553 loader costs more if you do not have hyd's, controls , etc. $5,900 is probably about right for just loader, mounts, and bucket.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"
yes the 553 loader costs more if you do not have hyd's, controls , etc. $5,900 is probably about right for just loader, mounts, and bucket.

Glad I have that stuff then already!

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #18  
My local Deere dealer is part of a large regional company in VA and NC. They are allright, but definitely have more of a corporate vibe nowadays, and I haven't had a great sales experience there. Tried to buy several implements from them recently and couldn't ever get in touch with the right sales guy or get a call back from him. They are OK for parts -- I know the parts guy and he's also their Stihl expert, so we get along well.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #19  
S&K are exactly who I'm talking about! They've gone to crud here in the past couple of years it seems like. I date a girl that lives in Orangeburg and always swing by the John Deere dealer there. I've heard good things about them, I think they are the same one's in St. Matthews too? Guess Farm Equipment? I've never been to the Case dealer in Bishopville, but isn't the same guy that owns the one in Orangeburg too? That's who I've been hearing alot about from everyone lately. Pioneer Farm Equipment down the road sells NH, Kubota, and used to sell MF but don't know if they still do or not. I'm not expecting to have the red carpet rolled out for me, but man, when I want a piece of equipment and you tell me you'll order it and call me when it comes in, you should do just that! Don't expect ME to chase after YOU trying to give you MY money. Their salesman have also gotten bad about telling you what you do and don't "need" here lately. I tried to order the weight bracket for my tractor along with my loader and was told "you don't need that". in other words he wouldn't order it even after I said "I might not need it but I want it". I also didn't understand why the loader was going to cost me $5,900 plus pickup and delivery even though I have loaded rear tires, joy stick, brush guard already on my tractor. does the 553 loader cost more then $5,900 WITH all that stuff (loaded tires, brush guard, joystick)?

The JD dealership in Orangeburg and st Matthews is Blanchard. They are nice people to buy parts from. Dillion Tractor and Stucky Brothers merged to open Bishopville and Orangeburg Case International dealerships. I know the guy real good that runs the Bishopville CI.

/ I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy" #20  
I have been using the same Deere dealer for about 15 years. Before a larger franchise bought them out they were a small, local dealership.

I thought you were describing my local Deere dealership. They don't do much but quote you MSRP and hand you a flier. It appears that much of their business is selling to the larger ag operations and leasing new hardware that they turn around and sell ("rental returns") with high hours for much more than a brand new machine in any other color. Nowadays I just keep driving...