Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Default Re: I think my John Deere dealer is becoming "lazy"

Wow, seems lots of green dealers got sprayed with systemic customericide from corporate. I see a Harvard business school study shaping up.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    new holland tn70

I was reading the post and at least 5 maby more people decribed our local jd dealler almost exact. i own a nh [tn70] and the reason i do is the guy that owned the dealer ship was one of the best and most honest people in business i ever met. afew yearss ago he passed away with cancer his son sold out to some jerks. i have been wanting to trade my tractor for 4wd with loader but i be da**** if i'm going to beg people to take my money. i have been to several deallers and it's just hard t get anyone to talk to you in a way that you feel confrontable. i guess tractor salesman are getting like building contractors [ if i can't make a pile of money off this guy then i won't fool with him much]

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, JD X475, JD TS Gator

This is the way of the times w/ Deere dealers today. Ag is good and they don't care about the small guy or small equipment. Deere dealers and their personnel are nothing but snooty today. I hear this all the time and I was a Deere dealer who had to "give in" to the big boys because Deere forced it. Not like it was. I now sell Kioti and sold a new Kioti to a guy recently who went to his local Deere dealer (who took over mine) but another location and did not got waited on or his e-mails answered. The Deere dealers are spoiled and think people will buy from them because they are Deere. Hopefully it won't always be that way. I hope Deere gets crushed one of these days.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Do you guys feel corporate not only knows this, but is driving this kind of "experience" for scut and cut buyers? I mean, do you believe deere is trying to systematically destroy their business for these sized tractors?

It seems like it would be easier to just stop making them.

It seems like someone from corporate would be all over these kinds of comments, and be handing down orders from "way on up" to shape the helll up and provide some real customer service to potential buyers...but I guess not (yet).

And I do realize, that we're waaay more likely to hear about the negative experiences than the positive ones, but it sure sounds like a lot of folks have had a very negative experiences with deere (on this and plenty of other threads).

Just seems odd.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    Do you guys feel corporate not only knows this, but is driving this kind of "experience" for scut and cut buyers? I mean, do you believe deere is trying to systematically destroy their business for these sized tractors?

It seems like someone from corporate would be all over these kinds of comments, and be handing down orders from "way on up" to shape the helll up and provide some real customer service to potential buyers...but I guess not (yet).

And I do realize, that we're waaay more likely to hear about the negative experiences than the positive ones, but it sure sounds like a lot of folks have had a very negative experiences with deere (on this and plenty of other threads).

Just seems odd.

When you buying yours? Spring is here.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

When we find some property...in our price range.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

I've always thought when the time came, I'd probably look at deere and kubota, but this forum has definitely opened my eyes to plenty of other options.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

When we find some property...in our price range.
    What do you cut grass with now?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

A jd D130. I only have about 1/2 acre of lawn. I love the jd (except for the crappy fuel guage) for lawn work.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Excellent points! It is mysterious. Seems that an amazing change has happened to the dealership culture in a short time. Sounds like an absentee dealer ownership mentality of suck it dry and make a quick profit has set in. I've been amazed that we have heard nobody defending their current dealer. Am sure that there are good ones out there but it's going to take a lot of testamonials to balance this thread out.

We have seen enormous corporate misdeeds across a wide spectrum of industries and companies: Enron, banking, wall street, outsourcing, automotive, etc. I have to wonder, is this free enterprise at work with Darwinian results? Or is there some larger, dynamic that has a new and fundamental grip on business, executives, corporations and the relationship between businesses, customers and employees?

I'm interested in thoughtful answers.The following QUICK AND EASY answers do not seem to me to explain this phenemona:

Executives are corrupt and greedy.
    Government is getting in the way.
    Employees are lazy.
    Customers are fickle, don't know what they want, don't care about quality/service or won't pay for it.

YES, to some degree all of the above QUICK ANSWERS are true and always have been. So either the impact of one of these has VASTLY changed from prior levels, or something ELSE is happening.

What do you think is happening to drive the wedge between JD dealerships and their purchasing consumers/customers?

Just seems odd.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast