Price Check 5085M Pricing

/ 5085M Pricing #1  

sdnd24

Tractor
5085M/Minneapolis Moline
Does anyone know if there where two body styles produced in 2012? I looked at one at the local dealer and he says its a 2012 but the hood style doesn't look like the ones I have seen posted. They are selling it as a new machine with 55 hours on it, any thoughts on a fair price. Its a basic modle, 16/16 trans, with cold weather package, they are going to put a H260 loader on with the third function and a grapple bucket.

/ 5085M Pricing #3  
Does anyone know if there where two body styles produced in 2012? I looked at one at the local dealer and he says its a 2012 but the hood style doesn't look like the ones I have seen posted. They are selling it as a new machine with 55 hours on it, any thoughts on a fair price. Its a basic modle, 16/16 trans, with cold weather package, they are going to put a H260 loader on with the third function and a grapple bucket.

Not heard that before.. I'd look over a few different '11's and '12's on Used Farm & Agricultural Equipment - John Deere MachineFinder and www.tractorhouse.com or Used Tractors and Farm Machinery for sale by Fastline. Should help answer your concerns. One way to look at the hours on that machine - if you had to rent it for 55 hours - what would that cost you? Could you get it for $75/hour... probably not. Maybe $85/hr.

Also, you should expect that there will be a reasonable discount from MSRP - somewhere north of 15% - a few points at least. Something that I remember from tractor shopping across the North Central and Midwest (I mean alot of dealers..) the SD guys were not as hungry as the MN dealers. Got my better quotes across the border...

Good luck.

AKfish

/ 5085M Pricing #4  

Not heard that before.. I'd look over a few different '11's and '12's on Used Farm & Agricultural Equipment - John Deere MachineFinder and www.tractorhouse.com or Used Tractors and Farm Machinery for sale by Fastline. Should help answer your concerns. One way to look at the hours on that machine - if you had to rent it for 55 hours - what would that cost you? Could you get it for $75/hour... probably not. Maybe $85/hr.

Also, you should expect that there will be a reasonable discount from MSRP - somewhere north of 15% - a few points at least. Something that I remember from tractor shopping across the North Central and Midwest (I mean alot of dealers..) the SD guys were not as hungry as the MN dealers. Got my better quotes across the border...

Good luck.

AKfish

/ 5085M Pricing
I stopped and took a picture this morning so you can see what I am describing. They are at 15% with there price, so I am hoping they will go a little lower. The dealer is just accross the boarder in MN.

100_1177.jpg

/ 5085M Pricing #6  
RDO, huh? Can you haul the tractor yourself? If you can, or have a way to manage that - it gives you alot of leeway with regards to who, where and what you have to pay! 'Cause it won't matter a whole lot if the tractor is 500 miles or 5 miles away! And the dealer will oftentimes become "more flexible" when they understand that..

Tractor looks alot like my 2011, JD5075M.

Haven't looked all that closely at the '10's, '11's and the '12's for subtle differences. But, I'm kinda feeling a bit sketchy that it's really a '12 model. Just ask the salesman to run the plate number (on the tractor frame rail) and you should get a printout.

If you're interested in working (long-term) with this dealership, you might be able to better swing the quote in your direction with some "field installed" options. External mirrors, front weight bracket, adding more SCV's - mid and rear, rear fender 3pt control switches, fender extensions, extra lights front and rear, wheel weights, radio and blu-tooth connectivity.

I don't know how you plan to use the tractor but if you need to use it with some heavy mowers, discs, cultivators or planters (you could easily go 6-8 row stuff with a 5085M) the HD hitch option would be worthwhile, too. And that can be a field installed upgrade as well.

Of course, there's the loader and grill guard to consider. If you're planning to do alot of bale hauling - I'd really consider the 310MSL. Long-term; I'd have to believe that the 310 would hold up to the hard use that big bales can dish out than the 260 would.

AKfish

Attachments

• 5075M 001.jpg
    5075M 001.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,689
   / 5085M Pricing
I figured you recognize the dealer. 2011 is what I am thinking also, they are supposed to be checking. I would use this for feeding cows, baling and blowing snow. I was going to have them install weights, lights, and possibly the e-hitch if posable.

/ 5085M Pricing #8  
Doesn't look like a 2012 to me either, but im no expert. :scratchchin: Is it Interim Tier IV? I believe 2012 was the first year they produced these in the M's.

/ 5085M Pricing #9  
yeah im gonna vote no as well. a quick google search turned up a 2012 5085m with the different hood
2zpsc40.jpg