John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question #1  

eagleguy

Tractor
x300
I just used my mower for the first time. Does not seem as balanced as my L111 (top heavy) was but feels sturdier, steers better and runs smoother. That said, grass gut is no better or worse and the tranny with the exception of not slipping in reverse feels the same as the L111 which I expected regardless of what the dealer told me about it being heavier that the big box series. My big concern is that when I received it the hour meter read 3 hours. Now after using it for 1 hour the meter reads 10. What gives, is this normal??

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question #2  
It probably read 1.0

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question
Thanks Murphy,

After putting on my glasses and looking at the meter gauge on an angle you are correct. The way my gauge was set unless you looked at it from the front of the mower not where you were sitting you would never see the dot!

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question #4  
Thanks Murphy,

After putting on my glasses and looking at the meter gauge on an angle you are correct. The way my gauge was set unless you looked at it from the front of the mower not where you were sitting you would never see the dot!

Your Welcome, that's a common mistake. I call my glasses my eyes I'm blind for reading without them.

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question #5  
Glad you like your new lawn tractor. I really enjoy the rear dump collection on my X300R. About 100 hours now; and no tranny issues yet.

AKfish

/ John Deere X300 first impressions and hour meter question #6  
Very happy so far with X300 I purchased 2-months ago when they were on sale. Replaced a 6 year old la-130 So far been using to mulch leafs. Steering is so much better. I was reading the hour meter wrong also at first. As for the transmission issues I have read, I think if it is maintain it should last a long time. Had no problems with LA-130, If I do just replace transmission with something heaver. Remember you have a 4-year warranty.

Last edited: