New 5085M delivered today

/ New 5085M delivered today #1  

cheoah

Bronze Member
Tractor
green
New machine delivered today. Feels like a smaller version of our 6330 in terms of build quality, but there are a number of differences. Will get the weights on it in the morning and put it to work directly. Actually all of the controls are different than all of my 5000 and 6000 series to date, so will take me some time to get used to it.

newtractor5085m.jpg

/ New 5085M delivered today #2  
That's a sweet lookin' tractor! Congrats! (Sure do like the looks of that green grass, too.) :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ New 5085M delivered today #3  
Sweet looking tractor. Looks like it's ready to work. What will be it's primary function??

/ New 5085M delivered today
Thanks guys. Richard it will be an all around tractor for hay, road maintenance, clipping pastures, planting, and cultivating.

Had the plow in the shop with blue paint drying overnight and hooked on with the M this morning. Could not really smell diesel exhaust at all. Will have to get used to calling it an M, with a special place in my heart reserved for some big red tricycles I've had some hours on.

Akfish, we're way ahead of you but green up is a little slow here, with temps in low 20's last night. Had to bring a cold calf in this morning. We've had plenty of rain though and it will be 60 this weekend. That should jump start things. My staff just texted and said that calf latched on to that heifer. Good news.

/ New 5085M delivered today #5  
Sweet little Deere. Whats the hp on it?

/ New 5085M delivered today #6  
Looks good! It's always nice to get new machinery.

/ New 5085M delivered today
Hooked on to box scrape today for some road maint., had to get everything set up just right. Wheel spacing is off even though I gave measurements to dealer, and I'm a little bummed I have to re-do it with ballast. There are lots of simple improvements from previous models, very happy so far. It is a very nice machine. I'm chomping at the bit to get to work and start burning diesel.