Price Check New 2520 with CX200

/ New 2520 with CX200 #1  

Green Guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 1026R TLB
What do you guys think is a good price for a new JD 2520 with CX200 and ballast box? 53" bucket on the CX200.

/ New 2520 with CX200
Anything guys? From my research on here, it appears that most are getting a 2025 with 62" MMM, 200cx, and ballast box for $19,000 before tax. My dealer gave me a quick quote of $18,900 for the 2520 with 200cx and ballast box. Sounds like we have some work to do on the price as the quote appears to be full retail!

Also, should I consider the 53" bucket or the 61"?

/ New 2520 with CX200 #3  
Hiya,

Well, prices vary by location. In the North East you are in the area that has just about the highest pricing on compact tractors simply because the income levels here can support higher pricing. Also, the Deere calculator does not tack on shipping and setup fees which most, if not all dealers have.

My advice is to shop around the dealers in say a 50 mile radius, tell them you are shopping their pricing so if they want your business, they have to have a sharp pencil.

To be honest, the dealers talk to each other, they know what discounts are supported in the area so you may get a 1 to 2% difference but you have to weigh that against dealer reputation, service and support. I deal with the dealer that's a little farther from my place not be cause they are the cheapest, (they aren't) however they have helped me out in other ways either by "product demo" when I needed to use something I couldn't justify to purchase or covering something beyond the warranty or simply having one of the employees drop something off at the house on their way home. I value customer support so I don't mind the higher initial cost because I know they will go above and beyond to keep me happy.

Edit: For the bucket, if your going to be digging or loading heavy damp soil or nit-pak/crushed stone, you'll want the 53", if your moving/loading lighter/drier stuff or snow, get the 61". A note of caution, the 61 is wide enough that if you load one side of the bucket more than the other when working with heavy material, you can get into a situation where the bucket has a lot of leverage on the loader and front axle resulting in a tipping hazard depending on slope of the land and ballast. If you do get a 2x20 series, load the rear tires and get at least 1 wheel weight per side, 2 is better especially if your getting forks for the loader.

My 2 cents,
Tom

Last edited:
   / New 2520 with CX200
Thanks Tom, I appreciate the reply and insight on the bucket size! Looks like the 53" it is if I can get the deal where it needs to be.

/ New 2520 with CX200
Thanks. Seems like some decent pricing!

/ New 2520 with CX200 #6  
I ama dealer in Indiana. Please note that the 2025 is NOT relacing the 2520. It is replacing the 2320. 2520 is unfortunately being phased out. I have a couple 2012s left. I have them with 200cx and 62 for 18, 999. The best deal I have is the 2720 with a 200cx and 62 deck for 20, 599. I delivery anywhere. Let me know if you would likea quote. Thanks

What would be your price on a 2520 bare tractor w/loader mounts only.

/ New 2520 with CX200 #7  
Thanks. Seems like some decent pricing!

Definitely!:thumbsup:

In 2009,my 2520 with CX200 loader and 62D deck was 18,000. I did get a couple freebies,I-Match,block heater,and a really good price (400) on the SE seat.:)

Greg