Quick connect couplings leaking

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
Two of the quick connect couplings on my 2720 leak when the loader is attached.
They do not leak when the tractor & loader are in use. They only leak after the tractor is parked, shutdown & set for a couple of hours.
Then they leak enough to leave a good size puddle. I am guessing that the only fix is to replace them.

0320131011_zps0267d68b.jpg

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #2  
Are you leaving pressure on those lines when parked? That seems like a lot of fluid to loose, as you know that stuff ain't cheap!

/ Quick connect couplings leaking
I lower the loader to the floor before turning off the engine.

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #4  
Work the joystick a couple times after the engine is off and see if that changes anything.

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #5  
I generally push the joystick all the way into "float" position every time I shut the tractor down. Have you cleaned the couplers out by sliding the collar back and exposing the ball bearings and then giving them a quick spray with WD-40 or a similar lubricant spray. If one or more of the ball bearings have some crud in there they might not be seating uniformly and allowing the coupler to seep.

AKfish

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try.

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #7  
One of my 3rd function couplers does that. Not as bad as yours, but will leave a cup sized spot on the concrete. That really aggravates me. The leak is when there is no pressure against it to force a seal. I tried cleaning it but didn't help. I'm guessing I'll have to replace it or live with it....

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #8  
Chevy I had a small leak on the garage floor with my 2520. The dealer suggested that I try a new "O" ring to see if it would stop the leak, and it did!
The "O" ring came out very easily. Upon examination there was a small tear causing the leak. Installed the new and no more leak :)

Chevy I had a small leak on the garage floor with my 2520. The dealer suggested that I try a new "O" ring to see if it would stop the leak, and it did!
The "O" ring came out very easily. Upon examination there was a small tear causing the leak. Installed the new and no more leak :)

Thank you. I had not looked closely at the couplings yet. Did you get the o rings at your dealer or know what size you used?

/ Quick connect couplings leaking #10  
Yes when I thought as you that maybe I had a bad coupler the John Deere dealer suggested I first try the "O" ring. The JD parts guy new immediately what size. I just took a quick look and the old package (them come in a package of two)
is labeled 2 32246
20090402dy2
John Deere

So I am not quite sure which is the actual part number. I think the only "O" ring in in the female tractor end. When you look inside the connector you will see the black "O" ring sitting inside a machined groove. I used a spudger (small plastic handle with a right angle metal hook on the end) to get under the "O" ring and pull it out then gently slide the new into the groove.
I hope that's your trouble as it's a cheap fix.

John-Deere-013a.jpgJohn-Deere-015.jpg

Last edited: