Buying Advice Used 3320 vs. New 3520

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #21  
Im going to steer clear of this issue because i feel kinda out of place being a new member going back and forth with more senior members. I have my own theory on the issue and im hard headed as well. So with that said, Im a big fan of the 3520 as well as the 3320. Either machine is a great choice for the OP. I don't even know where the Op went. He kinda did a hit and run with the thread

Last edited:
   / Used 3320 vs. New 3520
I'm still here, I've been watching the thread, just haven't had a chance to reply till now. This has generated some great discussion, and a few things I haven't thought of. Like the full load draw on the motor and the elevation issue. I guess I'm so used to the elevation I never consider it a problem or factor in the loss of power because it would be roughly the same across the board. It does get hot in Wyoming, but my mowing is done by that time of year, and the grass doesn't like to grow when it's that hot. My main duty for the cab is winter time snow removal and road maintenance. The money is not an issue for me, but I do like to save money where I can (especially $10 grand). It also makes it a little easier to convince the wife, who is not totally on board. Keep it up, tell me more.

Thanks
Brad

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #23  
I would bear in mind that having a cab tractor with ac you will be more likely to use it in the summer for various jobs once you have it. Summer is when most people have the longer days to get stuff done. My work area runs from 6,000 to 9,500 ft elevation and the turbo machines have a marked advantage that is noticeable. Throwing the money issue out the window I would go with the higher power tractors, 3520 or 3720 because of the higher pto ratings. Remember that the pto ratings are based on the tractor being stationary for test purposes. Since the tractors are similar in weight and hp needed for travel the remaining residual power left for pto operations becomes more apparent. For instance climbing a grade while mowing may leave you with 15pto hp on the lower hp model and 25 to 30 hp on highest hp model. Just something to consider, This is really a judgement call, good luck deciding.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #24  
Curious... why did the original owner trade a "just like new" cabbed, 3320 (what year is it) with only 400 hours? If I were buying... I'd like to ask him that question and maybe get a 2nd perspective (after I talked with the previous owner first) from the salesman, too. Might have 2 very different opinions.... or not.

That said; many, many folk's here on TBN have "saved" money and set their sights a bit lower - only to come back in a fairly short while - and upgraded! If you do that fairly soon after buying.. it can be an expensive lesson!

AKfish

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #25  
I have read from other tbn members that have 3320 that the added weight of the cab and the ac was a negative factor.

I'm in the same boat but different size. When i upgraded from my 2305, i found a nice used 2320 which i enjoy but even at the time of purchase i was wondering if the 2520 would have been a better fit. Well fast forward 2 years to the present, i lent my tractor to my uncle who likes it so much he wont return it, he'll likely buy it. Now i am tractor shopping for a 2520. Loong story short even if you buy the 3320, are you always going to want the larger one?

Also the deere 0% is pretty much just that. My local dealer said the cash or finance price was the same. Only difference was the a $350 fee for the 60 month term.
You'll enjoy the green paint!!

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #26  
I'm curious, how much off the original price (new) is the 3320 and what year is it?

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #27  
I'm curious, how much off the original price (new) is the 3320 and what year is it?
I can tell you that when I bought my 3520 cab it was 1500 dollars more than the 3320 when pricing out. Not that bad of a difference so it was a no brainer. Plus I got more of a deal paying cash out right along with an agriculture discount