Bought a new JD 1026R TLB!!!

/ Bought a new JD 1026R TLB!!! #11  
I'm not sure they still use it but John Deere used to use a special break-in oil from the factory. That's why they wanted you to wait 100 hrs for the first oil change to allow the engine to wear in. I had a '96 JD 455 L&G tractor with the Yanmar diesel. I changed the oil at 25 hrs. Not sure if it was the cause but the engine used too much oil and the dealer installed new rings under warranty. The crankcase was re-filled with JD Break-in oil and run for a full 100 hrs. Never used any more oil.

/ Bought a new JD 1026R TLB!!! #12  
I'm not sure they still use it but John Deere used to use a special break-in oil from the factory. That's why they wanted you to wait 100 hrs for the first oil change to allow the engine to wear in. I had a '96 JD 455 L&G tractor with the Yanmar diesel. I changed the oil at 25 hrs. Not sure if it was the cause but the engine used too much oil and the dealer installed new rings under warranty. The crankcase was re-filled with JD Break-in oil and run for a full 100 hrs. Never used any more oil.

They still use it, sell it, and recommend it. It's a 10w-30 oil with a special additive package.