Comparison 1026r vs. 2520

/ 1026r vs. 2520
All of those are good points, and I think this last post helps solidify the 1026r as the right choice. The 2520 ends up being a few thousand dollars more and will not give me anything of real value for that money. Sure it has a little more lifting ability and the tires look a little better, but I do not see either of those are real benefits. I have access to the 4610 with a FEL and I have a 5075M with the loader, so I have that covered when needed. The maneuverability is more important to me, so I can work in the confines of my garden and keep the lawn around the house well manicured. Eventually I hope to buy my own tractor in the same general size as that 4610 to pull a rake and a few other implements. It doesn't make sense for me to own something in that size, the 5 series, and then a 2520. Also my fear of getting stuck with the 1026r also seems a little silly to me. If I get stuck on a tractor with a front bucket and backhoe I really have no right to drive any tractor.

I do thank everyone for their insight and wisdom. Sometimes I do not know where I would be with everyone on this site.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #12  
. Also my fear of getting stuck with the 1026r also seems a little silly to me. If I get stuck on a tractor with a front bucket and backhoe I really have no right to drive any tractor.

It sounds like you came to a solid decision. Best of luck and post some pictures with your new toy.

I got a chuckle out of the above comment because I get a little cocky with my backhoe thinking I can't get stuck. Well a few months ago I slid sideways down a slope into two trees lined up perfectly, one between my left outrigger and the backhoe itself and another between the front wheel and the grapple on my FEL. Double jeopardy. I had my chainsaw but both trees would fall onto the backhoe, so that was not an option. While I could free my rear end clearance wise of the rear tree with the backhoe, I could not move the tractor backwards due to the grapple catching on the front tree. After about a half hour of jockeying, I finally managed to somehow get free. I still don't know how I did it, but I managed to get out of there. So, I almost proved the old adage wrong and almost got stuck with a backhoe.

/ 1026r vs. 2520
After I typed that I was really worried that I would jinx myself. Now that you posted that I fear that I am really in trouble. I just hope no one is there to see it when/if it happens. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get it.