Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #1  

ducati996

Banned
Tractor
jd4100, Cub Cadet 3204 & Cub 125
Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100
The implements I would like to locate are:

A post hole digger, Front snow thrower, back blade or Box cutter, PTO rear tiller

I prefer used but in good condition. I'm located on Long Island , New York and can travel within reason to pick up
or it could be shipped

If someone is looking to unload some of their extras, have them contact me...

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100
Nobody ??

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #3  
There are very few TBNers with too many implements /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #4  
"There are very few TBNers with too many implements "

Either that or they can't believe there are tractors on Long Island!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #5  
Most guys on this site you will find are looking for more equipment not wanting to give any up.

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #6  
I doubt you'll find much on L.I. - maybe an estate sale or something out on the north fork. Try finding some farm/tractor auctions either upstate NY or neighboring states (Western NJ or PA).

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100
Its true Long Island isnt well know for Farm land or Tractors...
But they exist and in my case I only have 2 acres to deal with...

As for the implements I can pick up either from NJ, CT, Upstate NY anywhere its worth while....

Thanks again

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #8  
You need to look for auctions in your area. The are usually the best way to pick up used equipment for a decent price.

Do a Web search for auction houses near you and I bet you'll find equipment soon. The other thing to do is to visit tractor equipment dealers and give them your name. Soon enough, you'll be getting phone calls.

Terry

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #9  
I'm a former Long Islander, and the only regular farm type auction that I knew of was the Long Island Cauliflower Growers Association Auction held in Riverhead each spring. Other than that, you'll have to look at least as far as the Catskills.

Suffolk County, Long Island was once the biggest agricultural producer in New York State, but those days are long over. That's why I moved 200 miles north, so my wife and I could have our own farm.

/ Looking for New Or Used Implements for JD 4100 #10  
Another thought is that you might try keeping in contact with several local dealers (green/orange/blue) for trade-ins. Often people are trading up (or down, or out) and may have some implements available. I just picked up a 59" snowblower for my 790 that was traded in (for something bigger-yipes?)