Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Pricing Thoughts on 2520

I'm looking for pricing input on the following tractor. I'm not sure on the year yet (I'm trying to find out), but I'm guessing it's either a '10 or '11 based on the warranty description.

This John Deere 2520 is in perfect shape with 47.1 hours; It comes with a 200CX hydraulic quick attach loader and a 62" onramp mid-mount mower deck. I have both a mulching kit and a JD Power Flow 14 bushel rear bagger. There is a 45 gallon JD 3 point mounted sprayer with a folding boom assembly and a dry fertilizer spreader. It also comes with a PowerGard Protection Plan good through April 19, 2014, $100.00 deductable, that is transferable to subsequent owners. I have 2 engine oil filters, inner and outer air filters, transmission filters, and all the owners manuals and sales reciepts.
    I know prices vary by location, but what are your thoughts on a good price for this tractor? I've been quoted $19,100 for a new one without the mulching kit, bagger, sprayer and fertilizer spreader. With 47 hours, this tractor is basically new. Would $15k be a good price? Too much? I would have to drive about 12 hours round-trip to get it, so figure $200 +/- in fuel to pick it up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Re: Pricing Thoughts on 2520

I spoke with the seller and it is a 2011 model, and has been garaged since new. It has turf tires on it as well. He quoted me a price of $12,500. I think that's an excellent price, considering what a new one runs. Thoughts?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2520

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    I spoke with the seller and it is a 2011 model, and has been garaged since new. It has turf tires on it as well. He quoted me a price of $12,500. I think that's an excellent price, considering what a new one runs. Thoughts?
    thats a great deal, buy it or tell me where the seller is and I will buy it. Make sure to check it out good to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Sounds almost to good to be true for that cheap.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
    thats a great deal, buy it or tell me where the seller is and I will buy it. Make sure to check it out good to make sure nothing is wrong with it.
    That's the plan! The pictures look great! I'm having the seller send me a video of it running with the loader going up/down as well as the deck. Want to make sure it at least runs before I set out on a 12 hour round trip!

Quote Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
    Sounds almost to good to be true for that cheap.
    That is exactly my fear! Everything seems legit so far...

Tractor
    JD

Wow....That's sounds like a great price. it's the same model I was considering a year or so ago at about $16,500, but without all the extras.

Has JD stopped making this model? I can't find a new one.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

I thought it was a great deal too! I can actually buy this one for $1600 LESS than what the dealer wanted difference to trade in my '03 kubota BX2200 with 415 hours. Plus, I get the bagger, mulching kit, sprayer, and spreader for free! I have permission from the wife to keep my Kubota for "little work"!

Yes, I think Deere has stopped making this model, and the only ones you will find are what the dealers have in stock.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    I thought it was a great deal too! I can actually buy this one for $1600 LESS than what the dealer wanted difference to trade in my '03 kubota BX2200 with 415 hours. Plus, I get the bagger, mulching kit, sprayer, and spreader for free! I have permission from the wife to keep my Kubota for "little work"!

Yes, I think Deere has stopped making this model, and the only ones you will find are what the dealers have in stock.

I would wan't to make sure there are no outstanding liens on this tractor but the price seems very good.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    I would wan't to make sure there are no outstanding liens on this tractor but the price seems very good.
    Good point! Thanks!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

I've never checked for a lien on a tractor before. Any idea how to do that?

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

You should be able to call your Deere dealer to check this out. Make sure you get a properly ezecuted bill of sale in your state.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast