Buying Advice Gator 825i

/ Gator 825i #1  

wyotim

Tractor
JD 3520 with cab
I'm looking to buy a Gator 825i with a winch and hydraulic bed. Anyone have one of these? Any comparisons to other manufacturers wit similar UTVs?

Thanks.

/ Gator 825i #2  
They are a very capable machine that can play as hard as they work.....I love mine.

IMG_6870_zps0f433e71.jpg

/ Gator 825i
Thanks for your response-especially the pic!

/ Gator 825i #4  
My father bought one 2 ?? years ago, we work it year round clearing snowmobile trails and doing firewood. very strong unit.

/ Gator 825i #5  
Although I have JD tractor / equipment...... when I was looking for a UTV I thought and bought a RTV was the best machine . My 1100 runs great with heat and a/c its a super combination. My brother has the JD diesel equivelant and it has had its share of problems ( brake master cylinder, electrical components ) This is just my opinion based on limited usage. My first Kubota and I am impressed.

/ Gator 825i #6  
The Kubota's are nice, my Father in law has one, until you get near mud. They are really heavy. We have an 825i here on the farm. That thing will go anywhere. Yeah, it lacks the creature comforts of the kubota, but has a lot more speed (44mph), get up and go, and will go more places than the kubota unit. We beat our gator to death and never had a problem with it. Had a 620i before this one, it was bullet proof too. If your looking for something for heavy duty work and not much play, I'd go the Kubota route, but it you want a little of both I'd go with the deere.

/ Gator 825i #7  
That's an awesome cab you have on that thing. The last time I was in a Gator they were not up to par with the 825i but it was still fun. These new gators can reach 40+ mph

/ Gator 825i #8  
I bought an 825i back in January and L-O-V-E it. I almost bought a Ranger, but am more and more glad I chose the Gator every time I drive the thing.

Here's my thread on buying it: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/267898-2011-jd-gator-825i-purchase.html

It all comes down to what you want. The RTV and the Gator, IMO are the workhorses of the UTV selections out there. I know a Ranger can work, but go look at one and compare it to a Gator or RTV. They just are not built like the RTV or Gator. (I'm going to duck from the stones about to be tossed at me by Polaris owners now, :D) I think the Ranger is great if you want to work a little and play a lot. I want to work a lot and play a little, so I chose the Gator. It'll go 45mph+ (which the RTV will not), and can still crawl a hill with 1000lbs loaded in the box.

Anyway, it looks like you are in Wyoming, so you will probably want some kind of heated cab option. Kubota beats JD there. (Even though cartod has a killer set up! :thumbsup:)

But it just depends on what you're wanting in a UTV. If do DO get an 825i, I highly recommend the Big Horn tires / wheels option. Just don't blow a tire, they are $170 to replace! :laughing:

/ Gator 825i
Thanks to everyone re: JD Gator. I bought an 825i today. I looked at Kubota and was impresses with it's weight and solid build. I hope to spend some time on mountain trails tracking the great elusive trout and felt the Gator's speed was an advantage. Most of the work will be around gardening including working on my lawn so I got turf tires. I had a demo brought out to the house and ran it crazy- on the road, on my lawn, in the fields and it performed well. Took it up a 30 degree incline( had to use 4 wheel drive) but it handled that well also.
Will get a glass windshield, a cargo box power dump kit and a winch. I have a JD 3320 cabbed tractor for cold stuff.

I'll write again and let everyone know how my decision worked out.

I bought an 825i back in January and L-O-V-E it. I almost bought a Ranger, but am more and more glad I chose the Gator every time I drive the thing.

Here's my thread on buying it: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/267898-2011-jd-gator-825i-purchase.html

It all comes down to what you want. The RTV and the Gator, IMO are the workhorses of the UTV selections out there. I know a Ranger can work, but go look at one and compare it to a Gator or RTV. They just are not built like the RTV or Gator. (I'm going to duck from the stones about to be tossed at me by Polaris owners now, :D) I think the Ranger is great if you want to work a little and play a lot. I want to work a lot and play a little, so I chose the Gator. It'll go 45mph+ (which the RTV will not), and can still crawl a hill with 1000lbs loaded in the box.

Anyway, it looks like you are in Wyoming, so you will probably want some kind of heated cab option. Kubota beats JD there. (Even though cartod has a killer set up! :thumbsup:)

But it just depends on what you're wanting in a UTV. If do DO get an 825i, I highly recommend the Big Horn tires / wheels option. Just don't blow a tire, they are $170 to replace! :laughing:

/ Gator 825i #10  
Thanks to everyone re: JD Gator. I bought an 825i today.

Sounds like you made a great choice for what your wants / needs are. I know you will thoroughly enjoy it! Toss up a pic whenever you can! :thumbsup: