Price Check Used 5300 Price

/ Used 5300 Price #1  

1bush2hog

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TN75
First of all I would like to say this is a great source of information. I have been out of the tractor market for quite some time. I have been lurking here for awhile and have searched around but could not find much info on used 5300 prices, but found alot of other valuable info & tips.

I found a used JD5300 with 512 hrs, MFWD, with FEL, 5' HD Bush Hog rotary cutter, 7' scrape, and post hole digger for sale with an asking price of $24,000.

I am comparing this to a new 5320 w/synchro, FEL, MX6, and 6' box scrape for which I got a price of $31,500. Not exactly apples to apples on the implements, but close.

I haven't seen the 5300 yet, but seller says it is in great shape (aren't they all /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Would appreciate any comments on price.

Also, are there any major differences between the 5300 and 5320? Any major problems to look out for on the 5300's?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Used 5300 Price #2  
Is the new 5320 with mfwd?

/ Used 5300 Price
Oops left that detail out. Yes the 5320 is MFWD. Quote for the 5320 w/synch shuttle trans and FEL alone was $28,900.

/ Used 5300 Price #4  
Personally I'd spend the money and get the new one. They are giving you a decent price. I just got a 5420 with mfwd, telesc. links, sync shuttle, cab, etc. for $33,000. I'm going to post pics when I get home tonight. They just delivered it this am. The 5x00 was the first year out with these tractors. There have been quite a few improvements since then. That is probably an early 90's tractor. For $7k I would sure go new.

/ Used 5300 Price #5  
I have to agree, it sounds good, just go for the new one. You never know what has been done to a used machine.

/ Used 5300 Price
Thanks for the input Doc & Grizz. I was kinda leaning toward the new 5320 too, unless I can get the guy with the 5300 down below $20K. Think I will make him an offer anyway.

I also looked at the 5420, which is one sweet machine but maybe a little too much (size & money) for my needs. If I was using full time that would be my choice too.

Dealer has a new/demo unit fully loaded minus cab and FEl for $28K, but has 300hrs on it. I offered them $24K but they wouldn't budge and neither would I, since 300hrs on a demo 2003 model seemed like a lot to me. Promo model or not.

Gut feel says I will end up with a 5320 or TN75. I like the blue too, but it doesn't seem to have as much leg room and I am also concerned about parts availability with the blue.

I think with options I am looking for: MFWD, FEL, HD 6' rotary, and HD 6' box, that I should be able to buy around $30-31K, hopefully less.

Looking forward to those pics Doc. Sounds like you got a very good price too.