Rear washer,
Stationary front fenders,
H260 loader,
85" bucket
3function single point hydraulic connection,
Five tune round bale/silage grapple with grille,
RC2084 lift type rotary cutter,
8' boom mounted front blade with hydraulic angle

All installed, set up and delivered for $90,000 cdn is that a good deal?

Couldn't say... without going over the numbers and comparing it to the MSRP. Of course, it also helps to scan a number of different dealer's in the surrounding provinces for their tractor listing's for similar machines and see what they're "asking". I did take note that you've tacked on a couple of pretty expensive options, too. Nonetheless, I'm a firm believer in "getting what you need and want" if you're gonna jump in and buy a new machine! If you're gonna go - go big!

The bale grapple bucket with grille. What is that gonna cost - around $3K or so? And the front mounted angle blade - another $3K? Those attachments (and the cutter) are gonna make a real difference to the total cost! Dealer's don't typically discount package implements at the same percentage as the tractor. There's less of a margin on that equipment for the dealer to work with.

IMO - you might want to reconsider the 7' rotary cutter. They're really long and heavy for their cutting width making them more difficult to maneuver in close quarters. If you plan on dropping the loader when you mow - you'll need a bunch of front weights to counter balance that mower hangin' way off the back! As well, those big blades are a real challenge for the pto clutch to spin up to operational rpm's.

The 8' semi-mount would be my choice.

One additional recommendation - rear wheel weights or Rimguard filled rears. You will really want some additional weight on the rear axle when plowing snow - and chains - if you get as much snow as we do up here in Alaska.

AKfish

/ 4720 or 5085m #22  
I just went to a bigger tractor like you are considering and there are a couple things you need to keep in mind. Looking at your signature and implements you own for your BX you already have a sweet little everyday machine. It probably handles 75 percent of what you want to do and will handle certain jobs (such as mowing your lawn) much better than than the 5085. I wish I could have afforded to keep my smaller machine and implements and will most likely buy a smaller machine in the future.

Not only are Cat 2 implements more expensive, heavier and bigger, they are much harder to find. I'm a big fan of the quick hitch and reasonably priced common implements such as a spreader, are impossible to find that are Cat 2 QH compatible. (Herd and Land pride both make them but they run $2500 to $3000) Your days of picking up low cost implements at the Tractor Supply's of the world will be over. Sure, you can horse around cat 1 implements with bushings but how's your back now?

I just bought a 7 tine Athens chisel plow and without a QH and top and tilt it would take me forever to attach it to the tractor, there is no horsing that thing around with a pry bar to get it lined up.

As a side note it would be real nice to have a section in the attachment area that was for category 2 compatible implements. Trying to search for them is fruitless.

If you haven't pulled the trigger already maybe you could look at something that isn't Green and keep the tractor you have in addition. I looked at the 5085 and with the difference in price you could still keep your BX and have some cash left over. I drove a 5085 and it was nice, but not THAT nice. Good luck on your decision!

/ 4720 or 5085m #23  
If you haven't pulled the trigger already maybe you could look at something that isn't Green and keep the tractor you have in addition. I looked at the 5085 and with the difference in price you could still keep your BX and have some cash left over. I drove a 5085 and it was nice, but not THAT nice. Good luck on your decision!

Its been my experience while tractor shopping that the M is one of, if not the highest priced tractor out there in terms of $ to HP ratio. BUT, imo, if you go sit on/drive one you'll realize why its that way. Another option, if the OP is concerned about price, is to check out the 5083e, and they are still tier 3. :thumbsup: The only main differences that I can think of are that he couldnt get the 32/16 trans in the E and the E's have 3 ranges instead of 4. Also the 3pt is rated for 4600lbs lift on the m and 3200 on the e.

Between the best deal i could find on the 5093e and the 5085M, there is a 6K difference in price on the ROPS models I have been looking at so I would think the diff between the 5083e and 5085m would be close to $8500 - $9000.

/ 4720 or 5085m #24  
Don't get me wrong, when I said nice I meant if I won the lotto nice and if the cash wasn't an issue I would get one too, build mine with the buddy seat also please. That is one SWEET machine! And not sure what $90k Cdn translates into $US funds but the one I was in was around $70k but it didn't have the options the original OP has on his list. My point was $20-30k buys a lot of new attachments, which he is going to need selling his smaller machine.

Don't misunderstand me, if the OP has the money to upgrade the tractor and implements to get his jobs done, go for it. You live exactly once. I know how those Deere Tractors can suck you in, and almost ANY tractor is going to pale by comparison after you sit in that one! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

/ 4720 or 5085m
The tractor looked good but yes the deal breaker was when I sat in it, omg it was so nice, I can see why people get hooked once they sit in one.

As for breakdown it was $76,913 for the tractor, $4000 for dealer installed items, $10,117.00 for the loader,$ 3,489 for the mower, $4,687 for the blade, so that comes out to $99,206 and he is willing to sell for $90,000 ($89,900 to be exact.)

/ 4720 or 5085m
Like I had mentioned earlier keeping the BX is out of the question due to lack of suspension and my back injury, my back is the shock absorber when I drive the BX. I will keep some of the attachments (the sprayer, the disk, the land grader, chain harrow.) but with this purchase I should've able to use what I have (just use bigger pins) and should be able to get the job done. I've searched locally other non green colors and they all want to sell me a tractor that's smaller than the 4720 saying it will do the jobs I requested (I think they just want to clear their lot cause they all wanted to sell me what was on their lot.)

/ 4720 or 5085m #27  
I've got about ten hours on my 5085 M now. It is a great tractor, really high quality machine. There's little to complain about, but insignificant stuff like seatbelt pulling from left side, and other platform changes have taken a little adjustment. It could not pull my 7 shank chisel plow the other day in a heavier soil, but that was just a test to see what tasks it could handle. I didn't really buy it for that. Pulled in garden just fine.

The EGR thing, while I support it in principle, worries me as a full time farm operator. We will see if it really is an issue, but hard to get excited about a hay machine stopping for 45 minutes running a cleaning cycle. It's a big ole thing stuffed under the hood. I'm also not real crazy about the style, with the high hood to accommodate the exhaust unit. As a homeowner, I would think it desirable to have a clean burning machine. I can't smell exhaust out of this thing running inside my shop - very clean. The style thing is unimportant to me, that's just narrative from someone who has owned lots of jd machines and it is just new and different.

I have no reference on your 90k CDN as I have an OOS 2WD. It seems high but if it fits your budget, it is a good machine. Try an E; it might not make enough of a difference to you to justify the extra $. That's why they make two platforms, because people have different needs. I didn't even bother to look at one, but the features of an M will be appreciated by all of my operators - once I start letting them use it :)

/ 4720 or 5085m #28  
I've searched locally other non green colors and they all want to sell me a tractor that's smaller than the 4720 saying it will do the jobs I requested (I think they just want to clear their lot cause they all wanted to sell me what was on their lot.)
I ran into the same thing when I was talking to different dealers. I think they like the idea of selling the minimum spec tractor. They know people will come back to up size in the future.

/ 4720 or 5085m
I've got about ten hours on my 5085 M now. It is a great tractor, really high quality machine. There's little to complain about, but insignificant stuff like seatbelt pulling from left side, and other platform changes have taken a little adjustment. It could not pull my 7 shank chisel plow the other day in a heavier soil, but that was just a test to see what tasks it could handle. I didn't really buy it for that. Pulled in garden just fine.

The EGR thing, while I support it in principle, worries me as a full time farm operator. We will see if it really is an issue, but hard to get excited about a hay machine stopping for 45 minutes running a cleaning cycle. It's a big ole thing stuffed under the hood. I'm also not real crazy about the style, with the high hood to accommodate the exhaust unit. As a homeowner, I would think it desirable to have a clean burning machine. I can't smell exhaust out of this thing running inside my shop - very clean. The style thing is unimportant to me, that's just narrative from someone who has owned lots of jd machines and it is just new and different.

I have no reference on your 90k CDN as I have an OOS 2WD. It seems high but if it fits your budget, it is a good machine. Try an E; it might not make enough of a difference to you to justify the extra $. That's why they make two platforms, because people have different needs. I didn't even bother to look at one, but the features of an M will be appreciated by all of my operators - once I start letting them use it :)

Is the 45 min cleaning true? Can you use the tractor while its cleaning? How often does it need to be cleaned?

I ran into the same thing when I was talking to different dealers. I think they like the idea of selling the minimum spec tractor. They know people will come back to up size in the future.

I'd have to agree with you in that one, that's even how they made me feel. Buy this if its too big we can trade for a smaller one and if it's too small we can trade for a bigger one (both of course going through new paperwork and credit checks and all that hassle.) the only hassle this would be for me is I have to wait two months for mine to be made and shipped.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Does anyone have any experience with John Deere financing? I've been denied from other places cause of not enough verifiable income. But my John Deere dealer says it's not the income it's the beacon score, if it's above 700 then they can approve me (its 745.) I was wandering how easy it was for others to get their tractors financed. I will be using the kubota plus most attachments as the down payment as well.