Buying Advice 4720 or 5085m

/ 4720 or 5085m #31  
I have had great luck with deere financing me when no one else would. They even approved a loan a few monthes after a bankruptcy, however, I paid 49% down and they made that clear that was the reason. Usually I have a trade in that counts as a substantial amount down (30-60%) and the approve the balance in minutes.....

/ 4720 or 5085m #32  
On the filter cleaning, I've been told (no actual experience so take it for what it's worth) you can just leave it in Auto mode and it'll take care of itself as long as you are operating at a high enough rpm. It has a manual regen mode also and my dealer told me you can bypass the regen up to 5 times but after that it'll shut down on you and do a forced regen. Maybe cheoah can correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, according to JD's online tier IV brochure, they've had the DPF's in their big tractors since 2008. So it's not a brand new thing to them which makes me feel better about it.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Yay, just got off the phone with the dealer and I was approved for the tractor, he's putting the order in today for it to be built. With payments only $1,300/mo. For 5 years and 1.9% interest I'm ecstatic. Now comes the hardest part, keeping occupied until it gets here. I have no idea how anyone does it especially with such excitement.

/ 4720 or 5085m #34  
Congrats on the tractor! I can't use the words "only" and "$1300 per month" in the same sentence when talking tractor payment......:)

/ 4720 or 5085m #35  
Yay, just got off the phone with the dealer and I was approved for the tractor, he's putting the order in today for it to be built. With payments only $1,300/mo. For 5 years and 1.9% interest I'm ecstatic. Now comes the hardest part, keeping occupied until it gets here. I have no idea how anyone does it especially with such excitement.

Congratulations! :thumbsup: Did you get everything that you laid out in your previous post or did it change?

AKfish

/ 4720 or 5085m #36  
Is the 45 min cleaning true? Can you use the tractor while its cleaning? How often does it need to be cleaned?

I'd have to agree with you in that one, that's even how they made me feel. Buy this if its too big we can trade for a smaller one and if it's too small we can trade for a bigger one (both of course going through new paperwork and credit checks and all that hassle.) the only hassle this would be for me is I have to wait two months for mine to be made and shipped.

I just experienced my first exhaust filter cleaning on the 5085M. Theres 2 stages of the cleaning. Stage 1 is when it preheats itself and Stage 2 is the actual cleaning I guess. You can use the tractor when its cleaning. It did take around 30-45 minutes. It needs to be cleaned every 90 hours or so depending how its used.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Congrats on the tractor! I can't use the words "only" and "$1300 per month" in the same sentence when talking tractor payment......:)

Thank you, Yeah it's nice, but now that the toy is bigger the accessories get bigger along with the price

Congratulations! :thumbsup: Did you get everything that you laid out in your previous post or did it change?

AKfish

Thank you, I almost did, I found out that I wouldn't get it till mid July and by then the chores would be so far behind it would be overwhelming. But they did have a 5115M that could be delivered in two weeks (they gotta install all the options that I want.) and it was only $4000 more so that's was sweet. My only sacrifice was the transmission is a 16/16 instead of a 32/16 and the tires are the smaller stick tires. Other than that everything is the same. I took it for a test drive today and I didn't want to give it back to them, I wanted to drive it home right there and then (it was so much fun.) the dealer said I will get it very soon.

/ 4720 or 5085m #38  
Lol very true. My payments are "only" $1009 per month. Just made my 12th payment, just 48 more to go. Wohoo!

Congrats on the 5115M Cory! You're going to love it! I do wish I had gotten more hp, but only when driving up steep smooth hills with heavy implements, or using my stump grinder.

/ 4720 or 5085m #39  
Lol very true. My payments are "only" $1009 per month. Just made my 12th payment, just 48 more to go. Wohoo!

Congrats on the 5115M Cory! You're going to love it! I do wish I had gotten more hp, but only when driving up steep smooth hills with heavy implements, or using my stump grinder.

I haven't made a payment since I traded in my 5085M. But I only have 3 and my payments are 15,000 each.

/ 4720 or 5085m #40  
I haven't made a payment since I traded in my 5085M. But I only have 3 and my payments are 15,000 each.

Whoa... now, that's some real lettuce - Edward! :)

AKfish