Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere

It leaks hydraulic fluid so much that I have a puddle in my barn floor. and its under the cab!

I'll rephrase the transmission problem. I'm in C range. Drives fine, and I shut down the tractor. Restart it put it any gear and it wont go. .. have to find a range that will get me going... A... B.... C.... D.... so annoying.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

Quote Originally Posted by Edward. S View Post
    It leaks hydraulic fluid so much that I have a puddle in my barn floor. and its under the cab!

I'll rephrase the transmission problem. I'm in C range. Drives fine, and I shut down the tractor. Restart it put it any gear and it wont go. .. have to find a range that will get me going... A... B.... C.... D.... so annoying.
    Ok... that's not a linkage adjustment - not even close.. That's a hyd pump issue. The 2nd warranty problem with my M was a hyd pump failure. Tractor wouldn't move on startup - didn't matter range or gear - take your pick - no go! Same with the FEL and the 3pt. No lift. Nada.

Had to run the fast idle up to 1,500-1,600 rpm for a minute or two. Maybe do that 2-3 times - rev it up - try the tranny and loader, etc. If it wouldn't work; idle back down momentarily and then run it up again - eventually the tractor would move, etc.

Acted just like the hyd pump would lose it's prime and be suckin' air and would require the "rev up-rev down" to finally pull hyd fluid from the sump. Local JD guys were pretty "limp" with any effort to help. JD rep from Kansas City, MO finally stepped in and got me all fixed up!

I'll never say a bad word about JD's warranty program!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

I will make notes of those things (just in case) and hope it never happens.
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R
    - H340 Front End Loader w/85" bucket and grapple
    - 7' Frontier RC2084 Rotary Cutter, 7' Frontier GM2084R Finishing Mower, 6' KingKutter Land Grader, 8' Frontier FG12G Front blade with hydraulic tilt, 5' Westwood Powered Sweeper, 5' Disk, 5' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear, 3 point pallet forks, 7' GM2084R grooming mower, 10' 3-PT harrow, 12' 1470 discbine, RR2109 rotary rake, 568 Megawide plus round baler.

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post
    I will make notes of those things (just in case) and hope it never happens.
    Just a reminder, I have a SyncShuttle transmission and not a PowrReverser. Not a fan of the PR but am a fan of the SyncShuttle on the 5 series!

Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

Quote Originally Posted by Edward. S View Post

Just a reminder, I have a SyncShuttle transmission and not a PowrReverser. Not a fan of the PR but am a fan of the SyncShuttle on the 5 series!
    So besides the gears (32/16, 16/16, ect.) is the names syncShuttle and PowerReverser just names for the transmissions or where they specific features if so what were the differences?
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R
    - 7' Frontier RC2084 Rotary Cutter, 7' Frontier GM2084R Finishing Mower, 6' KingKutter Land Grader, 8' Frontier FG12G Front blade with hydraulic tilt, 5' Westwood Powered Sweeper, 5' Disk, 5' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear, 3 point pallet forks, 7' GM2084R grooming mower, 10' 3-PT harrow, 12' 1470 discbine, RR2109 rotary rake, 568 Megawide plus round baler.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

So besides the gears (32/16, 16/16, ect.) is the names syncShuttle and PowerReverser just names for the transmissions or where they specific features if so what were the differences?
    PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

PowerReverser is similar to driving a forklift or a construction loader.

SyncShuttle is like driving your Dad's SS Camaro or Chevelle with a 4-speed!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post

PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

AKfish
    Ah, that makes sense thank you for explaining that. I've always loved geared tractors, a lot better than a hydrostatic.
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R

Tractor
    JD 5105M, JD 2305, JD 430 utility, JD 430 row crop utility, JD 420 hi crop

Thank you, I almost did, I found out that I wouldn't get it till mid July and by then the chores would be so far behind it would be overwhelming. But they did have a 5115M that could be delivered in two weeks (they gotta install all the options that I want.) and it was only $4000 more so that's was sweet. My only sacrifice was the transmission is a 16/16 instead of a 32/16 and the tires are the smaller stick tires. Other than that everything is the same. I took it for a test drive today and I didn't want to give it back to them, I wanted to drive it home right there and then (it was so much fun.) the dealer said I will get it very soon.
    Congrats on the 5115M Corey, that is a super nice machine.

I've had my 5105M since Sept. 2009 and it has given me nothing but enjoyment and no problems at all.

Regards,

Tom

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post

AKfish

My dad would have found that offensive. LOL.

Tractor
    2013 John Deere 6125R

Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Hills View Post

Congrats on the 5115M Corey, that is a super nice machine.

I've had my 5105M since Sept. 2009 and it has given me nothing but enjoyment and no problems at all.

Regards,

Tom
    Thank you, I hope to get lots of enjoyment out of it too. The wait period for it to get prepped is brutal though, lol.
    - 2013 John Deere 6125R

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast