Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    Platinum Member Edward. S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    844
    Location
    Somewhere
    Tractor
    John Deere

    Default

    It leaks hydraulic fluid so much that I have a puddle in my barn floor. and its under the cab!

    I'll rephrase the transmission problem. I'm in C range. Drives fine, and I shut down the tractor. Restart it put it any gear and it wont go. .. have to find a range that will get me going... A... B.... C.... D.... so annoying.

  2. #52
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward. S View Post
    It leaks hydraulic fluid so much that I have a puddle in my barn floor. and its under the cab!

    I'll rephrase the transmission problem. I'm in C range. Drives fine, and I shut down the tractor. Restart it put it any gear and it wont go. .. have to find a range that will get me going... A... B.... C.... D.... so annoying.
    Ok... that's not a linkage adjustment - not even close.. That's a hyd pump issue. The 2nd warranty problem with my M was a hyd pump failure. Tractor wouldn't move on startup - didn't matter range or gear - take your pick - no go! Same with the FEL and the 3pt. No lift. Nada.

    Had to run the fast idle up to 1,500-1,600 rpm for a minute or two. Maybe do that 2-3 times - rev it up - try the tranny and loader, etc. If it wouldn't work; idle back down momentarily and then run it up again - eventually the tractor would move, etc.

    Acted just like the hyd pump would lose it's prime and be suckin' air and would require the "rev up-rev down" to finally pull hyd fluid from the sump. Local JD guys were pretty "limp" with any effort to help. JD rep from Kansas City, MO finally stepped in and got me all fixed up!

    I'll never say a bad word about JD's warranty program!

    AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

  3. #53
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

    Default

    I will make notes of those things (just in case) and hope it never happens.
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - H165 Front End Loader w/73" HD bucket
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

  4. #54
    Platinum Member Edward. S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    844
    Location
    Somewhere
    Tractor
    John Deere

    Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post
    I will make notes of those things (just in case) and hope it never happens.
    Just a reminder, I have a SyncShuttle transmission and not a PowrReverser. Not a fan of the PR but am a fan of the SyncShuttle on the 5 series!

  5. #55
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward. S View Post

    Just a reminder, I have a SyncShuttle transmission and not a PowrReverser. Not a fan of the PR but am a fan of the SyncShuttle on the 5 series!
    So besides the gears (32/16, 16/16, ect.) is the names syncShuttle and PowerReverser just names for the transmissions or where they specific features if so what were the differences?
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - H165 Front End Loader w/73" HD bucket
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

  6. #56
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,239
    Location
    Kasilof, Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post
    So besides the gears (32/16, 16/16, ect.) is the names syncShuttle and PowerReverser just names for the transmissions or where they specific features if so what were the differences?
    PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

    With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

    PowerReverser is similar to driving a forklift or a construction loader.

    SyncShuttle is like driving your Dad's SS Camaro or Chevelle with a 4-speed!

    AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

  7. #57
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post

    PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

    With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

    PowerReverser is similar to driving a forklift or a construction loader.

    SyncShuttle is like driving your Dad's SS Camaro or Chevelle with a 4-speed!

    AKfish
    Ah, that makes sense thank you for explaining that. I've always loved geared tractors, a lot better than a hydrostatic.
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - H165 Front End Loader w/73" HD bucket
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

  8. #58
    Bronze Member Caledon Hills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    64
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario Canada
    Tractor
    JD.5105M, JD.2305, JD.430U, JD.430W, JD.430S, JD.420.H, JD.40.H, JD.40.Special

    Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

    Quote Originally Posted by corey9212 View Post



    Thank you, I almost did, I found out that I wouldn't get it till mid July and by then the chores would be so far behind it would be overwhelming. But they did have a 5115M that could be delivered in two weeks (they gotta install all the options that I want.) and it was only $4000 more so that's was sweet. My only sacrifice was the transmission is a 16/16 instead of a 32/16 and the tires are the smaller stick tires. Other than that everything is the same. I took it for a test drive today and I didn't want to give it back to them, I wanted to drive it home right there and then (it was so much fun.) the dealer said I will get it very soon.
    Congrats on the 5115M Corey, that is a super nice machine.

    I've had my 5105M since Sept. 2009 and it has given me nothing but enjoyment and no problems at all.

    Regards,

    Tom

  9. #59
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,185
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

    Default Re: 4720 or 5085m

    Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

    With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

    PowerReverser is similar to driving a forklift or a construction loader.

    SyncShuttle is like driving your Dad's SS Camaro or Chevelle with a 4-speed!
    AKfish


    My dad would have found that offensive. LOL.

  10. #60
    Platinum Member corey9212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Location
    Red Deer County, AB
    Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Hills View Post

    Congrats on the 5115M Corey, that is a super nice machine.

    I've had my 5105M since Sept. 2009 and it has given me nothing but enjoyment and no problems at all.

    Regards,

    Tom
    Thank you, I hope to get lots of enjoyment out of it too. The wait period for it to get prepped is brutal though, lol.
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - H165 Front End Loader w/73" HD bucket
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying Advice 5075M or 5085M
    By MidGALandscaper in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 05:06 AM
  2. 5085M
    By veggiefarmer in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 05:32 PM
  3. 5085M
    By veggiefarmer in forum John Deere Ag Tractors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 07:33 AM
  4. JD 5085M New..
    By Edward. S in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
  5. Should I trade my 4720 in for a 4720 cab?
    By ddivinia in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.