Buying Advice 4720 or 5085m

/ 4720 or 5085m #61  
PowerReverser tranny does not require the use of a clutch after you have selected the Range and Gear. Orange handle lever to the right of the steering wheel - flip it up and down - forward and reverse; and neutral. You need to use the clutch to change the Gears (1-4); and you have to stop the tractor and use the clutch to shift Range's as well.

With a SyncShuttle you have to use the clutch for everything. Forward - Reverse; Range (stop tractor) and Gear changes. Transmission is synchronized so you can change gears while moving.

PowerReverser is similar to driving a forklift or a construction loader.

SyncShuttle is like driving your Dad's SS Camaro or Chevelle with a 4-speed!

AKfish

Actually a 3 speed with a reverse! :laughing:

But usually on the road I skip D2. Just go to D1 to D3. One thing I like about the transmission is it lines it self up to Gear 2 and 3 when you pull it out of Gear 1.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Do you guys go through the gears like listed? A1, 2, 3, 4, then put range into B and gear into 1 then 2, ect. Or do you just pick a range and gear and use that directly? (Both scenarios when traveling and working.)

/ 4720 or 5085m #63  
Do you guys go through the gears like listed? A1, 2, 3, 4, then put range into B and gear into 1 then 2, ect. Or do you just pick a range and gear and use that directly? (Both scenarios when traveling and working.)

When I'm on the road, I usually start from D1 then work my way up. But on a syncshuttle I skip Gear 2 because its not much faster than D1. But when working in a lower range I just start say in B2 or B3.