Tractor
    JD 2320

Default New to me JD 2320.

Hello and good day to all. I joined because I just purchased a JD 2320 with a 54D deck, 200cx loader and quick hitch on the rear. It only has 117 hours but was kept outdoors. The PO hit something and cut a front tire a couple years ago and just parked it. I was able to get it for 10K.

So far I have drained the fuel tank and changed the fuel filter. (It runs fine now) I washed and waxed it and the paint now shines like new. Everythng was froze up (levers and controls) but I have now gone throgh 2 cans of penitrating oil and broke everthing free. I took a grease gun to it and I think it is the first time it's seen one but all the fitting took grease and everything seems fine. I had to rebuild the anti scalp wheels on the mower deck as they had never been greased. I have a new tire on order (Monday) and spent $130 at the dealer getting filters, oil, and other small parts like a replacment for the broken tail light. I was surprised at how resonable the parts prices were and that Everglades JD had everthing in stock!

So far I am very happy with my purchase. I just need to find a trailer now.

About me: I am a newly retired Electronics Engineer. I was a Professinal Auto Mechanic in a previous life. Nothing that I own is stock as I choose to modify things to make them better. I am a problem solver that has partisipated in many on-line special interest forums. Once I get going I nomally become a question answerer although I will start out out as a question asker.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2007 Kubota BX24

I believe the 2320 was notorious for the front drive shaft needing greased, I believe it isn't documented in the owners manual but there are several threads about doing it or failure resulting! After the neglect you have described I would get on that. Sounds like you know what you are doing, but from what I have read it is a job and a half to get to.

BTW, congratulations!
    Brian

2008 2500HD CC SB Duramax 6.6L
    2005 Suzuki Eiger
    2009 Rubicon 4-wheeler
    2011 John Deere 2520, FEL, and 62D belly mower, 6 foot box blade, 6 foot rear blade, a set of pallet forks, a 5 foot brush hog.

Tractor
    JD 2320

Default Re: New to me JD 2320.

THANK YOU! This is exactly why I join these forums! I did a search and read about the driveshaft. I can't take the mower off until tomorrow when I get the new front tire on. I have been looking for grease fittings all weekend. I had not found the ones on the driveshaft.

Now I am going to go in search of a "Grease fitting map" for this tractor.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS & Power Beyond Kit

Congrats on new tractor, seems like it has found a happy home. a few pics would not hurt. Enjoy your new purchase
    John Deere 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS
    200CX Loader, 47" Snowblower, 54" Deck, PowerHorse 3ph 13 ton logsplitter

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Quote Originally Posted by megaboz View Post
    I believe the 2320 was notorious for the front drive shaft needing greased, I believe it isn't documented in the owners manual but there are several threads about doing it or failure resulting! After the neglect you have described I would get on that. Sounds like you know what you are doing, but from what I have read it is a job and a half to get to.

BTW, congratulations!
    Congrats on the tractor. Welcome to TBN, more importantly to the green team!!

The drive shaft grease fitting your searching are the ones between the engine and transmission. PITA to get to way up there for underneath.

Good luck!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    JD 2320

Had mower off today. Cant get front fitting from below. I went ahead and cut the lower dash so I can get to the access cover. I did not cut all the way to the bottom which made it a PITA to get the lower bolt off the cover. Once off I can get my hand in there and grease the fitting no problem. I put the cover back on with only the top bolt so next time it is a simple as removing one bolt and waala.

Now I just need 3 new blades and a tach cable. Off to see "Green Santa" tomorrow!