Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 JD3032e

Default Re: My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot

You got me jealous. Nice tractor. I have no need for a tractor that big, but sure would like to have one ! Your set up would work well for anything I am going get into.
    2012 JD 3032e
    305 FEL
    RC2048
    KK BB60
    2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 C.Cab, Cummins, Big Horn with a stick.
    2005 HD FXDWG

Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

Quote Originally Posted by Cntryboy0075 View Post
    You got me jealous. Nice tractor. I have no need for a tractor that big, but sure would like to have one ! Your set up would work well for anything I am going get into.
    Yeah, it's a little bigger than I initially wanted but had to come to the reality that either I have a big one to do everything or a not as big one to do everything and become beat at the end of the day cause it was too small and took me for a not so nice ride. So I went with the bigger one, I do have to do some yard modifications so the tractor will fit (trim branches take down a couple trees, move one gate to a new location.) other than that though it should be smooth sailing (once it's all here that is, lol.)
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - H165 Front End Loader w/73" HD bucket
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

Tractor
    JD.5105M, JD.2305, JD.430U, JD.430W, JD.430S, JD.420.H, JD.40.H, JD.40.Special

Quote Originally Posted by fjcruiser View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been lurking on here for some time. You guys are a great source of info. I have test driven many tractors through your words.
    I have a 300 acre tree farm, with about 30 acres of hay field. My tractor will be used for road maintenance, food plots, mowing, spraying, etc. I plan on taking over haying in the next couple years (hay fields are leased).
    I ordered the tractor several weeks ago. It showed two weeks later on 3/30. I am still waiting for the loader. It should show up this week.
    I looked at several tractors, including the m series, and the kubota line.
    I finally decided on Deere and spec'd the tractor out as follows:
    JD 5083E Limited open station
    H260 front loader, hd bucket with global attach.
    Power Reverser trans, with the modulator
    12.4/24 front tires, 18.4/30 rears, loaded.
    I didn't get any "extra" hydraulics. I tried to keep my cost to a min. I stewed over this one the longest.
    That's pretty much it. I will post some more pics once they get the loader installed.

Thanks again for the great stories/reviews.
    Steve

Attachment 313195Attachment 313196

Great choice FJ. That is a beautiful machine.
    Test driving a 5083e is the reason I bought a 5 series instead of a 4 series.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

FJ,
    Nice tractor, looks like it could go anywhere with those tires and wheels. Enjoy your new machine.

Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

Gotta let us know how it works for you (action pics are a must.)
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R
    - 72D Auto Connect MMM, John Deere 375A Backhoe w/18" bucket, John Deere 59" Front Mount Snowblower, Frontier DH1296 8' Disc Harrow, Frontier SS2067B Poly Broadcast Spreader, Frontier AP12F Pallet Forks, John Deere 3PT Trailer Mover, Maybridge 12' Drag Harrow, 55 Gallon Spraytech 3PH Sprayer, 90 Gallon Water Carrier, 3 point bale spear

Tractor
    2013 JD 5083E

Got another set back on the tractor delivery. I can't buy a break.
    I was suppose to get the tractor on Mon. The dealer couldn't get it done, so I went in on Tues. to check progress. They couldn't get the global quick attach mounted to the loader. It seems it is too wide so they are ordering a new one in. Another week, at least....
    Steve

Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

Got another set back on the tractor delivery. I can't buy a break.
    I was suppose to get the tractor on Mon. The dealer couldn't get it done, so I went in on Tues. to check progress. They couldn't get the global quick attach mounted to the loader. It seems it is too wide so they are ordering a new one in. Another week, at least....
    Steve
    That's harsh, gotta love the waiting periods. You could do what I did with my dealer, he had to order me a loader and it will be three weeks to get in, but in the mean time if the dealer options are installed I will get the tractor early and the loader delivered when it gets there (at least then you can get some play time in then.)
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R

Tractor
    2013 JD 5083E

I will be in the seat by the end of next week, one way or another. I would grab it tomorrow, but I have plans all weekend. Hopefully they will get it done before next Fri.

Tractor
    2013 JD 5083E

Well, I finally took delivery of the tractor today. I had been promised delivery 3 different days this week, at least it finally made it.
    I am amazed at how "long" it feels overall. My previous tractor was a 4320, so the size difference seems huge. It is not nearly as maneuverable.
    My first project was to hook up the rototiller and work up the garden. I got everything set up and started the pto in economy mode. It engaged for 15 seconds then quit/stopped. I shut the pto off, turned it back on and it worked again, for 15 seconds. It was very repeatable, working for ~ 15 seconds then stopping. Same with normal pto mode. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem. I called the dealer (I didn't have 20 min. on the tractor), first service call. The dealer showed up with a bunch of "maybe" parts, then proceeded to diagnose the problem. They isolated the problem to a pto speed sensor. They didn't have one in stock. So they managed to cross reference the part to a tractor they had in stock, removed it, drove back out, replaced it and fixed the problem. That was at 6:00 pm tonight, Fri.. I was happy they made the extra effort to get me running before the weekend. It is going to be 75 this weekend, great tractor weather
    I have a big list of projects for the weekend. Lots of mowing and some loader work.
    I will take pics over the weekend.
    Steve

Tractor
    2015 John Deere 3046R

Well, I finally took delivery of the tractor today. I had been promised delivery 3 different days this week, at least it finally made it.
    I am amazed at how "long" it feels overall. My previous tractor was a 4320, so the size difference seems huge. It is not nearly as maneuverable.
    My first project was to hook up the rototiller and work up the garden. I got everything set up and started the pto in economy mode. It engaged for 15 seconds then quit/stopped. I shut the pto off, turned it back on and it worked again, for 15 seconds. It was very repeatable, working for ~ 15 seconds then stopping. Same with normal pto mode. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem. I called the dealer (I didn't have 20 min. on the tractor), first service call. The dealer showed up with a bunch of "maybe" parts, then proceeded to diagnose the problem. They isolated the problem to a pto speed sensor. They didn't have one in stock. So they managed to cross reference the part to a tractor they had in stock, removed it, drove back out, replaced it and fixed the problem. That was at 6:00 pm tonight, Fri.. I was happy they made the extra effort to get me running before the weekend. It is going to be 75 this weekend, great tractor weather
    I have a big list of projects for the weekend. Lots of mowing and some loader work.
    I will take pics over the weekend.
    Steve
    Congrats on your new tractor. That's awesome they got it up and running fast, I felt the same way first driving mine around the yard, it will become second nature to you very fast and you will be cruising around doing everything in no time. I know what you mean and feel about the three different day delivery's. I'm still waiting for parts but at least I got the machine. I haven't even used my PTO yet. Can't wait to see your pics.
    - 2015 John Deere 3046R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast