My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #21  
You got me jealous. Nice tractor. I have no need for a tractor that big, but sure would like to have one ! Your set up would work well for anything I am going get into.

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #22  
You got me jealous. Nice tractor. I have no need for a tractor that big, but sure would like to have one ! Your set up would work well for anything I am going get into.

Yeah, it's a little bigger than I initially wanted but had to come to the reality that either I have a big one to do everything or a not as big one to do everything and become beat at the end of the day cause it was too small and took me for a not so nice ride. So I went with the bigger one, I do have to do some yard modifications so the tractor will fit (trim branches take down a couple trees, move one gate to a new location.) other than that though it should be smooth sailing (once it's all here that is, lol.)

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #23  
Hi All,
I have been lurking on here for some time. You guys are a great source of info. I have test driven many tractors through your words.
I have a 300 acre tree farm, with about 30 acres of hay field. My tractor will be used for road maintenance, food plots, mowing, spraying, etc. I plan on taking over haying in the next couple years (hay fields are leased).
I ordered the tractor several weeks ago. It showed two weeks later on 3/30. I am still waiting for the loader. It should show up this week.
I looked at several tractors, including the m series, and the Kubota line.
I finally decided on Deere and spec'd the tractor out as follows:
JD 5083E Limited open station
H260 front loader, hd bucket with global attach.
Power Reverser trans, with the modulator
12.4/24 front tires, 18.4/30 rears, loaded.
I didn't get any "extra" hydraulics. I tried to keep my cost to a min. I stewed over this one the longest.
That's pretty much it. I will post some more pics once they get the loader installed.

Thanks again for the great stories/reviews.
Steve

View attachment 313195View attachment 313196

Great choice FJ. That is a beautiful machine.
Test driving a 5083e is the reason I bought a 5 series instead of a 4 series.

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #24  
FJ,
Nice tractor, looks like it could go anywhere with those tires and wheels. Enjoy your new machine.

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #25  
Gotta let us know how it works for you (action pics are a must.)

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot
Got another set back on the tractor delivery. I can't buy a break.
I was suppose to get the tractor on Mon. The dealer couldn't get it done, so I went in on Tues. to check progress. They couldn't get the global quick attach mounted to the loader. It seems it is too wide so they are ordering a new one in. Another week, at least....
Steve

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #27  
Got another set back on the tractor delivery. I can't buy a break.
I was suppose to get the tractor on Mon. The dealer couldn't get it done, so I went in on Tues. to check progress. They couldn't get the global quick attach mounted to the loader. It seems it is too wide so they are ordering a new one in. Another week, at least....
Steve

That's harsh, gotta love the waiting periods. You could do what I did with my dealer, he had to order me a loader and it will be three weeks to get in, but in the mean time if the dealer options are installed I will get the tractor early and the loader delivered when it gets there (at least then you can get some play time in then.)

I will be in the seat by the end of next week, one way or another. I would grab it tomorrow, but I have plans all weekend. Hopefully they will get it done before next Fri.

Well, I finally took delivery of the tractor today. I had been promised delivery 3 different days this week, at least it finally made it.
I am amazed at how "long" it feels overall. My previous tractor was a 4320, so the size difference seems huge. It is not nearly as maneuverable.
My first project was to hook up the rototiller and work up the garden. I got everything set up and started the pto in economy mode. It engaged for 15 seconds then quit/stopped. I shut the pto off, turned it back on and it worked again, for 15 seconds. It was very repeatable, working for ~ 15 seconds then stopping. Same with normal pto mode. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem. I called the dealer (I didn't have 20 min. on the tractor), first service call. The dealer showed up with a bunch of "maybe" parts, then proceeded to diagnose the problem. They isolated the problem to a pto speed sensor. They didn't have one in stock. So they managed to cross reference the part to a tractor they had in stock, removed it, drove back out, replaced it and fixed the problem. That was at 6:00 pm tonight, Fri.. I was happy they made the extra effort to get me running before the weekend. It is going to be 75 this weekend, great tractor weather:)
I have a big list of projects for the weekend. Lots of mowing and some loader work.
I will take pics over the weekend.
Steve

/ My new 5083E arrived at the dealers lot #30  
Well, I finally took delivery of the tractor today. I had been promised delivery 3 different days this week, at least it finally made it.
I am amazed at how "long" it feels overall. My previous tractor was a 4320, so the size difference seems huge. It is not nearly as maneuverable.
My first project was to hook up the rototiller and work up the garden. I got everything set up and started the pto in economy mode. It engaged for 15 seconds then quit/stopped. I shut the pto off, turned it back on and it worked again, for 15 seconds. It was very repeatable, working for ~ 15 seconds then stopping. Same with normal pto mode. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem. I called the dealer (I didn't have 20 min. on the tractor), first service call. The dealer showed up with a bunch of "maybe" parts, then proceeded to diagnose the problem. They isolated the problem to a pto speed sensor. They didn't have one in stock. So they managed to cross reference the part to a tractor they had in stock, removed it, drove back out, replaced it and fixed the problem. That was at 6:00 pm tonight, Fri.. I was happy they made the extra effort to get me running before the weekend. It is going to be 75 this weekend, great tractor weather:)
I have a big list of projects for the weekend. Lots of mowing and some loader work.
I will take pics over the weekend.
Steve

Congrats on your new tractor. That's awesome they got it up and running fast, I felt the same way first driving mine around the yard, it will become second nature to you very fast and you will be cruising around doing everything in no time. I know what you mean and feel about the three different day delivery's. I'm still waiting for parts but at least I got the machine. I haven't even used my PTO yet. Can't wait to see your pics.