Price help for a new 2520

/ Price help for a new 2520 #1  

Arrow1

Tractor
JD 2520
I got a brochure in the mail a few weeks ago stating trade in my Kubota and get up to 2,000 cash off 0% for 60 months with the purchase of
two implements.

I shopped around and got the 2520 trading in my 2620 with 215 hours 60 deck and loader/block heater. They are giving me 14,800 in trade.

I did a build your own tractor and the price for the implements are correct. But I cannot price the tractor because it is discontinued.
There asking price is 13,880 they said they took some of the 2,000 the price of the tractor. My ? is did they.

They are asking 2,810 for the 62D mower build a price was 2,959 Loader 49 inch H130 for 2,850 build a price 3,375. Must have taken part of the 2,000 off the loader 525.00

Lastly they didn't have a this tractor on the lot so they got it from another dealer. How much should I be looking at for them to get it in. I also ask they the get a
tractor that was stored inside. I wasn't. I have more rust then mine does. My tractor was always stored inside. The inside of the 3 point arm had rubbed on the
tires and they had allot of rust on them. And to top it off my tractor had been sitting outside at my dealer since it got in two weeks ago waiting for implements.

Not impressed. Im still getting the tractor but they better do a supper good job making it look like new. This machine has .08 hrs on it.

Thanks for any price info and thanks for letting me vent a little.

Last edited:
   / Price help for a new 2520 #2  
I'm in the process of trading in my BX2200 with 420 hours for a 2720. My BX is an '03 model and only has a 60" MMM...no loader. For a 2520 loaded like yours (60" deck and 49" loader), the dealer wanted $10,500 difference. I'm going with the 2720 for $1500 more. This price is $3200 LESS than the next best deal from a much closer dealer.

You didn't mention the total price, so it's hard to say. Just giving you an example of what I'm dealing with.

/ Price help for a new 2520
You didn't mention the total price, so it's hard to say. Just giving you an example of what I'm dealing with.[/QUOTE]

Equipment total 19,540 13,880 tractor 62D 2,810 mower 2,850 49 H130 loader
Trade in 14,800
Sub total 4,740
sales tax 325.00
Total 5,065

/ Price help for a new 2520 #4  
I apologize, you did have the numbers in the original post, I just mis-read. Sorry for that.

On the tractor price, my dealer was about $300 higher, and right-on for the loader and MMM. However, he showed $9500 trade-in for my 420 hour BX2200 without loader.
I would think your B2620 would be worth a tad more than what they are offering you since JD is offering $1k extra trade-in for Kubotas, but looking at tractorhouse.com, it seems to be pretty reasonable. Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.

Just out of curiosity, why are you trading in the K for the JD? I was considering both tractors, but went with the JD as it is a bit larger tractor, even though I love the 3 ranges in the Kubota.

I'm a tad bummed about my new one sitting outside too. It doesn't have the rust, though, so I'm OK with it (I guess). My Kubota has never spent a night outside as long as I've owned it, and the JD won't either.

Thanks for the reply.

When I first looked at getting a tractor I narrowed it down to the JD and the Kubota. But JD didn't have 0% for 60 months at the time so I went with the Kubota. Now I'm getting the same deal from JD with a new warrenty and cheaper monthly payments because im financing less.

I hope I don't miss the 3 speed hydro. I test drove the the 2520 to see if low range is to slow for me. It seemed ok. I have been reading that the JD lacks power in high while mowing on hills. My yard has one long hill that isn't real steep so I think it will be ok. I still don't like were the hydro line hooks are on the JD but the way JD designed the loader frame they don't have any other options.

However gets my 2620 is getting a good tractor. The only issue I had was two broken anti scalp wheels on front of the mower deck. I had the height set correct but it was a wet spring the the tractor had sunk down the the grass to much. Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Unless the JD totally blows me away I will never talk smack about the Kubota.

/ Price help for a new 2520 #6  
Unless the JD totally blows me away I will never talk smack about the Kubota.

Same here! I have nothing but great things to say about my Kubota. I have only had a couple minor issues, but those were just from use (and one was my fault). It hasn't been back to the shop at all. If the B2920 was just a bit larger tractor, I would probably be buying one of them instead, I just wanted the slightly larger size and weight of the JD for stability. I like features of each tractor, and it was really hard to choose. Right now, both have 0% for 60, but JD is kicking in the extra $1k for Kubota trades, so that kinda sealed the deal for me as well.

I have concerns on the 2 range hydro as well, but I figure since I have made due with 2 ranges on my less HP tractor, I should be OK in the JD. I have one long hill that I mow, but it is a gradual slope, so I don't think the JD will have an issue.

Best of luck!

Thanks agian and good luck with your 2720. :)