JD Green? 33hp Are they good?

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good? #1  

flyingcow

Veteran Member
I've got a BIL thats looking at a(2003) 33hp JD. I do not know the model number. Factory cab, front mount blower, etc. He would like to know if 1500 hours is anything to be concerned about. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Go Blue.... sorry couldn't resist.

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good? #2  
I've had a 3320 (33hp) with cab for 2 years and love it mine only has about 400 hrs on it so I can't speak to the hrs. Mine has had no problems. PS. My dad owns a 45 HP case with cab and I prefer the JD E Hydro it is such smoother. JMO

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good? #3  
I have a 2004 4310. It has 32 hp and may be the same model as the one your BIL is looking at. I have almost 1000 hrs and have had no trouble. I would check it over well and would not really worry about the hrs. I would expect you can reasonably expect 5000 with no major problems. That said, I would expect the price to reflect the "high" hrs. Most people that own a CUT will never wear one out. They will want a new one before they wear a CUT out.

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good? #4  
If it is a 2003 model, I wouldn't think the cab is factory. IIRC, they came out on the 4x20 and 3x20 series around 2006.

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good? #5  
If it is a 2003 model, I wouldn't think the cab is factory. IIRC, they came out on the 4x20 and 3x20 series around 2006.

yeaH, whoever is selling the tractor is already fibbing. its definitely not a factory cab. probably a Curtis cab or something along those lines

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good?
Correct, curtis cab with heater. i misunderstood the info from my BIL.

/ JD Green? 33hp Are they good?
I have a 2004 4310. It has 32 hp and may be the same model as the one your BIL is looking at. I have almost 1000 hrs and have had no trouble. I would check it over well and would not really worry about the hrs. I would expect you can reasonably expect 5000 with no major problems. That said, I would expect the price to reflect the "high" hrs. Most people that own a CUT will never wear one out. They will want a new one before they wear a CUT out.

He's done his homework on price. I didn't think 1500 hours was too much to worry about. Anything that stands out my BIL should be looking st for potential problems?

Thanks for the reply.