New 4720 w/ creeper

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #11  
Digging with the front bucket off the ground will make for a long day imo. But overall I think you will be very happy with the 4720 cab. While I really like my `110tlb with Laurin cab the 4520cab blows it away with the increased power and is simply fun to work with. With a 4720 you will have plenty of power to maintain higher ground speeds and can get alot of work done, pick the right implements and you will be well pleased.

I've considered buying a hoe for my open station 4720, I've thought that I should be able reach the FEL controls with a hooked stick...like a cane.
I sure agree that the FEL needs to be planted on the ground to take the stress off the axle.
Steve, wouldn't have been nice if they would have put a powetech engine in the 110?

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #12  
I've considered buying a hoe for my open station 4720, I've thought that I should be able reach the FEL controls with a hooked stick...like a cane.
I sure agree that the FEL needs to be planted on the ground to take the stress off the axle.
Steve, wouldn't have been nice if they would have put a powetech engine in the 110?

Yes and no, for actual digging and fel work the 110 does pretty good, when using as a tractor with 3ph or roading is where I find it lacks power. Now with both machines I like having the 110 with fel and hoe on all the time and having the 4520 without a fel in the way for the 3ph work, this has worked out great for me since 2009.:thumbsup:

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #14  
Digging with the front bucket off the ground will make for a long day imo. But overall I think you will be very happy with the 4720 cab. While I really like my `110tlb with Laurin cab the 4520cab blows it away with the increased power and is simply fun to work with. With a 4720 you will have plenty of power to maintain higher ground speeds and can get alot of work done, pick the right implements and you will be well pleased.

You'd better have a "light touch" on those hoe controls! I'd think that you could roll the FEL bucket all the way back and rest the heel of the bucket on the ground while still being able to creep the tractor forward a ways. You'd roll up some loose dirt that would slough off to the side but, the loader wouldn't likely catch and ground the tractor in place.

AKfish

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #15  
Creep to reposition add a few button to a box located on the backhoe. Using those buttons you can increase or decrease the throttle speed of the tractor (giving you some finer control at lower RPM, faster and more power at high RPM). There are two other buttons that allow you to move the tractor forward and reverse without having to get off the backhoe and get into the tractor drivers seat. Jenkinsph: It is recommended you keep the loader bucket low but just off the ground, in the past I have always ignored this and planted it on the ground. If you follow this the reposition has no problem moving forward and back as longs as you are in the backhoe seat and the parking brake is not on.....

The plug goes into the gray plstic plug seen behind the hook here to the right of the power beyond.

View attachment 314052

Bringing back an old thread but I need some assistance on this subject. Just added a used creep to position to my backhoe and 4720 tractor. I plugged the connector from the backhoe to the gray connector on the tractor. The creep to position control lights up, turns on, but then does nothing. I have the tractor in A range but no motion and no throttle control. Service light seems to be on. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, does anyone have any documentation on this device. I cannot find anything in the tractors operator manual and I didn't get any documentation with the creep controller. I bought it off a person who added a 485 backhoe to a 3000 series tractor and could not use it.
Thanks

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #16  
Only idea I have is check the seat override switch

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #17  
The seat switch is working properly. Upon a further inspection, the wiring is wrong on the tractor. There is a harness that goes to the battery and is fused on both wires. These wires power the controller. At the rear of the tractor in the same harness is the round plug that fits the cable from the creep controller. There is another 10 pin rectangular plug that is just hanging from the harness that has to get connected back to the tractor somewhere but that is the mystery. I do not see any plug that will match it anywhere. Where does this connection go?

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #18  
I am assuming this is kit LVB26039. What I found online states: Only compatible with 4520 and 4720 model year 2011 and up with software LVA16028P or later.

You might want to see if a JD dealer will print out the install instructions for LVB26039

Attachments

• creep.gif
    creep.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 233
  • creep2LVB26039.gif
    creep2LVB26039.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 155
   / New 4720 w/ creeper #19  
Yes this is the kit. I had a dealer send me the instructions and also figured out that I needed the LVA16807 part ( wiring harness for tractor). I ordered it today and will install this coming weekend. According to diagram this should be all I need. Just have to figure out how cable connects to tractor. Instructions are not very clear. Thanks for the help

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #20  
Yes this is the kit. I had a dealer send me the instructions and also figured out that I needed the LVA16807 part ( wiring harness for tractor). I ordered it today and will install this coming weekend. According to diagram this should be all I need. Just have to figure out how cable connects to tractor. Instructions are not very clear. Thanks for the help

You need to get a service manual for your tractor.