New 4720 w/ creeper

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #1  

danedgington

Bronze Member
The new 4720 showed up yesterday. Got a little seat time in. One option I picked up was the creeper kit that lets you move forward and reverse and change idle speeds from the back seat on the hoe. I spent some time playing and I would highly recommend it. I like it much better than pushing/pulling with bucket or getting off and going around. I can't wait for it to dry out some to put it to some real work.

Sorry the picture is not so great, weather just isn't cooperating......

Dan

47201.jpg

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #2  
Very nice.. lot's of green there! Didn't realize that Deere offered the creep to re-position feature on the new 4x20 series with a backhoe - sweet! Congrats on your new tractor and thanks for the pic.

Maybe more later.. with the sun out! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #3  
Nice tractor!

When you put on the BH, is there a special cable or something that you need to hook up?

/ New 4720 w/ creeper
Yes, next to the power beyond hydraulic connect is a plug similiar to a trailer plug tge connecrs the creeper. I will try to get some better pics tommorrow

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #5  
Yes, next to the power beyond hydraulic connect is a plug similiar to a trailer plug tge connecrs the creeper. I will try to get some better pics tommorrow

Nice tractor setup:thumbsup:

Curious how you get to the fel joystick when you want to move the machine? I have the creep to reposition and understand that but I always have to pickup and lower my bucket when I move.

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #6  
If anyone has the inclination, how does the "creeper" work (for a tractor newb)?

/ New 4720 w/ creeper
Creep to reposition add a few button to a box located on the backhoe. Using those buttons you can increase or decrease the throttle speed of the tractor (giving you some finer control at lower RPM, faster and more power at high RPM). There are two other buttons that allow you to move the tractor forward and reverse without having to get off the backhoe and get into the tractor drivers seat. Jenkinsph: It is recommended you keep the loader bucket low but just off the ground, in the past I have always ignored this and planted it on the ground. If you follow this the reposition has no problem moving forward and back as longs as you are in the backhoe seat and the parking brake is not on.....

The plug goes into the gray plstic plug seen behind the hook here to the right of the power beyond.

4720pb.JPG

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #9  
Congrats, thats a sweet looking setup ! :thumbsup:

/ New 4720 w/ creeper #10  
Creep to reposition add a few button to a box located on the backhoe. Using those buttons you can increase or decrease the throttle speed of the tractor (giving you some finer control at lower RPM, faster and more power at high RPM). There are two other buttons that allow you to move the tractor forward and reverse without having to get off the backhoe and get into the tractor drivers seat. Jenkinsph: It is recommended you keep the loader bucket low but just off the ground, in the past I have always ignored this and planted it on the ground. If you follow this the reposition has no problem moving forward and back as longs as you are in the backhoe seat and the parking brake is not on.....

The plug goes into the gray plstic plug seen behind the hook here to the right of the power beyond.

View attachment 314052

Digging with the front bucket off the ground will make for a long day imo. But overall I think you will be very happy with the 4720 cab. While I really like my `110tlb with Laurin cab the 4520cab blows it away with the increased power and is simply fun to work with. With a 4720 you will have plenty of power to maintain higher ground speeds and can get alot of work done, pick the right implements and you will be well pleased.