I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon
Thanks for all of the great info. The dealer wants $30 per hook so I think I'm going to have them mount two on the bucket. I'm still debating on the iMatch and ballast box. What the going price on these. The dealer mentioned $180 for a ballast box. Sounds high to me but I don't know.

Thanks,

wickman

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #12  
I don't regret buying the I-Match at all. The first week of using the tractor without it was like work hooking and unhooking the rear implements. Now just back up to and go!

I don't know what the cost was on the ballast box, it was all included with the FEL and grille gaurd. Sorry, can't help you there.

Another quick question...

Aqnyone know what the 62" MMM and the 210 FEL weigh? The 2210 by itself is spec'd at 1400 lbs. but what does the MMM and FEL add to that?

Thanks,,

wickman

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #14  
hi

Congrats on the new tractor,,I've had mine for about 50 hours and no problems so far. Its so handy, I use it for everything, brushhoged an acre and tilled it, seeded it, cuts the grass, actually makes cutting the grass fun. I've used the loader more then I thought I would, from moving rocks and brush and moving stone for the new deck, used a post hole digger for the deck footings and a box blade for the drive. Only problem is I spend all my money on new toys for it and need a new shed to keep em all in.

The mower weighs 200 pounds and the loader weight is not listed in the manual but I believe it is in the 600 too 700 pound range.

Good luck with the new tool and any more questions just let us know

later
Phil

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #15  
One more thing,,, make sure ya get your 400 dollar rebate on the loader and mower, looks like it is still in effect.

Phil

What model post hole digger did you use with your 2210? That's something I'd like to look into.
Thanks,

wickman

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #17  
hi again

I just got the Speeco one at tractor supply for around 300 bucks plus 100 for an auger. Due to the limited lift you only have about 4 to 6 inches of clearance with it lifted but I guess thats enough. I know there are much heavier duty ones out there but for light duty use around the house it seems to be pretty well made. The 2210 handles the 12 inch auger fine, only problem I had was hitting a few burried rock piles and tree roots or branches that were burried. Then started going thru the shear pins, but that is no fault of the post hole digger.

later
Phil

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #18  
I know plenty of guys who are useing post hole diggers on their 2210's but for the new buyer it is important to note that JD could void your warranty for useing one. The 2210 is a limited catagory 1 unlike the 4000 series. In this case weight and lift height are critical. It wouldnt stop me from useing one but if you have warranty problems I would suggest you dont tell you dealer they occured when useing a PHD. My dealer told me that the FEL with 53" bucket weigh in at 400#. The singled out retail cost of the iMatch is $220 retail. Wisconsin Guy: What size and brand HOG are you useing and do you like it ?

/ I took the plunge - JD2210 coming my way soon #19  
hi

I have the JD LX4 which is a 48 inch. I don't use it a lot but what I have used it it works great. I think I paid about 970 delivered which is a bit more then some of the others, but the paint does match so ya look good using it. It also comes with a slip clutch and front and rear chain gaurds which are optional on some lower priced ones. But the number one reason is it is Imatch compatable, just back up and pick it up works great. It also has two places for the lower lift pins, so with the limited lift on the 2210 you can use the lower pins and still have enough lift height. I know ya can save a few bucks on one but this seems to be made for and fits the 2210 good without messing around and any mods.

later
Phil

Re: I took the plunge - UPDATE

Well today's the day. My new JD was scheduled to arrive at 4:30pm. I took off work a bit early and got home by 4:15pm. I waited... and waited... and waited. No tractor. No phone call. No nothing. I am not happy. Someone is getting an earful tomorrow. They can just keep it and I'll go somewhere where customer service means something. What's that everyone says about dealer support? I guess I wasn't listening or didn't do my homework. I should have gotten the hint when I saw 5 combines and a little 2210 in their service department. My piddly 2210 just doesn't earn any respect...... I'll learn someday.

wickman