Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #21  
I use JDparts all the time and find the prices very competitive and they never charged me for shipping. I pick the parts up at the dealership which is close to my work. In fact, on this past Wednesday, I order a maintenance kit for my x720, transaxle filter and two gallons of hydraulic fuild. Went to check out and they told me that I get a 15% discount. Great people and fun to look at the equipment.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #22  
Larry,
I thought you bought the new tractor from Mutton IIRC, assume you bought the 110 from a local dealer. That said if Mutton can get you the parts I would have them ship to you instead of your local dealer. I would think you might get them even faster this way too.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #23  
I've had a bit different experience. The price for a new seat through JD online was actually more than what the dealer charged me for the one he had in stock last year. And yes, I was registered for the same dealer.

I suspect the dealer wanted to get the seat out of inventory and off his books, especially if your state screws businesses with inventory taxes. If you order a part that's not in stock, it's in and out of dealer's hands quickly and he doesn't have to carry it as inventory on his books.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?
I've registered with my local dealer as the shipping destination for any part's that I order. IIRC, you have to do that up front (it's been a number of year's since I signed up) and you can't get the prices for any of the part's you're looking at if your not a registered user, correct?

So, I'm looking at the part's and save them to my cart and then I can get a price listing. Ok... If I'm understanding correctly - the price listing and any red flags for items not currently in the selected dealer's inventory should be my cost, etc. Yes...

I copy the part numbers and description (no prices) and present that to my dealer.

They come back a few days later.... and everything is higher - everything!

So, the next step is to show up at the dealer with the JDParts printout and talk about the differences. Or, I could just order everything and when it shows up... debate their charges versus JDParts?!?!

AKfish

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #25  
I use JDParts to look up parts and order them from my local dealer. when you place an order through the system, it sends the order via email to your assigned dealer. and in my case I have an open account, so if they are in stock they are already pulled for me waiting to pick up, and when i walk in all they have to due is hand me my parts and I walk back out.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #26  
I copy the part numbers and description (no prices) and present that to my dealer.

They come back a few days later.... and everything is higher - everything!

So, the next step is to show up at the dealer with the JDParts printout and talk about the differences. Or, I could just order everything and when it shows up... debate their charges versus JDParts?!?!

AKfish

You should be able to pay for them on JDParts, then no paying at the dealer, just pick up your parts and go home. If your dealer participates, I think he has agreed to the conditions. (I liken it to a doctor in an HMO, the fees to be paid, have already been set.)

My local dealer doesn't participate in JDParts, and is always higher than what is listed there, as prices. Nearest participating dealer is 45 miles away.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #27  
Larry,
Have you tried to setup a new account using the other dealer? I would give that a try, as it is now I have two Deere dealerships I use about 175 miles apart. I just feel that the better dealership can likely ship out the parts much faster and deliver to your door without all the problems.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #28  
I use JD Parts online all the time, and they ship to your dealer of choice. You can then pick it up at the dealer's or have the dealer ship it to your door. I wish they would ship direct to my location; but I suspect they ship to the dealer to keep the dealers in the loop and to facilitate returns and/or exchanges if need be. In my case, the dealer is about 30-miles away, and I just go and get the parts that I order; besides it's an excuse to look at what toys they have on hand.

Same thing I do...

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #29  
What baffles me is why can't they just ship the parts directly to your home instead of forcing you to waste time/gas making a trip to the dealer? They need to learn some lessons from Amazon.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #30  
What baffles me is why can't they just ship the parts directly to your home instead of forcing you to waste time/gas making a trip to the dealer? They need to learn some lessons from Amazon.

It protects the dealer network, thats why. You dont see Ford, Chevy, Dodge or any other auto company selling parts direct do you? I thinks its a good model, it helps keeps the dealers doors open.