Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Anybody do it? I've looked and looked at the part's and schematics and prices... but, I've never actually bought anything online from JDPart's! Does your local dealer have to accept the shipment of whatever you buy or can you have them shipped to your home address?

Thanks,

AKfish

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #2  
In my case, the part was shipped to the dealer and I arrange with them to ship it to my place.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?
In my case, the part was shipped to the dealer and I arrange with them to ship it to my place.

The dealer was Ok with that..? Nobody bolts the door when they see your pickup out the front door? Why not just buy from the dealer and then have it delivered to your place? (I'm trying to figure out the advantages/disadvantages...?)

Thanks,

AKfish

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #4  
I use JD Parts online all the time, and they ship to your dealer of choice. You can then pick it up at the dealer's or have the dealer ship it to your door. I wish they would ship direct to my location; but I suspect they ship to the dealer to keep the dealers in the loop and to facilitate returns and/or exchanges if need be. In my case, the dealer is about 30-miles away, and I just go and get the parts that I order; besides it's an excuse to look at what toys they have on hand.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?
I use JD Parts online all the time, and they ship to your dealer of choice. You can then pick it up at the dealer's or have the dealer ship it to your door. I wish they would ship direct to my location; but I suspect they ship to the dealer to keep the dealers in the loop and to facilitate returns and/or exchanges if need be. In my case, the dealer is about 30-miles away, and I just go and get the parts that I order; besides it's an excuse to look at what toys they have on hand.

Thanks. Do you think that it saves you money, time; aggravation with a 22yr old kid that don't know tractor from tennis shoes... ;)

AKfish

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #6  
I use it quite a bit. I think it saves me time, and is easier for the dealer parts guy also. I'm I understanding you correctly that your dealer has a 22 year old kid that knows nothing about tractors for a parts guy? I guess I've never seen anything like that at a JD dealer.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #7  
I use it as well. You don't really "buy parts online" from JDP, but rather order it into the dealer you have registered. I always take a copy of the prices with me when I pickup because sometimes they try to charge me more than the online price shows.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #8  
Yea sign up and you can also see online if parts are in dealer stock. My closest dealer is like 40 miles away so I usually have the items shipped to me. UPS delivery has been the norm.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #9  
I've never had my dealer ship an order I've placed through Jd parts, I just pick the part up once it comes in. Your dealer is just the middle man. :rolleyes:

That said, it is nice to be able to order most anything Deere online.

/ Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone? #10  
In my case, I just email the girl working the parts counter. Give her the part number and she automatically orders it and ships it to the house.