Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Default Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?

Anybody do it? I've looked and looked at the part's and schematics and prices... but, I've never actually bought anything online from JDPart's! Does your local dealer have to accept the shipment of whatever you buy or can you have them shipped to your home address?

Thanks,

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Elite Member

Default Re: Buying parts online @ JDParts - anyone?

In my case, the part was shipped to the dealer and I arrange with them to ship it to my place.
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    In my case, the part was shipped to the dealer and I arrange with them to ship it to my place.
    The dealer was Ok with that..? Nobody bolts the door when they see your pickup out the front door? Why not just buy from the dealer and then have it delivered to your place? (I'm trying to figure out the advantages/disadvantages...?)

Thanks,

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    A couple

I use JD Parts online all the time, and they ship to your dealer of choice. You can then pick it up at the dealer's or have the dealer ship it to your door. I wish they would ship direct to my location; but I suspect they ship to the dealer to keep the dealers in the loop and to facilitate returns and/or exchanges if need be. In my case, the dealer is about 30-miles away, and I just go and get the parts that I order; besides it's an excuse to look at what toys they have on hand.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I use JD Parts online all the time, and they ship to your dealer of choice. You can then pick it up at the dealer's or have the dealer ship it to your door. I wish they would ship direct to my location; but I suspect they ship to the dealer to keep the dealers in the loop and to facilitate returns and/or exchanges if need be. In my case, the dealer is about 30-miles away, and I just go and get the parts that I order; besides it's an excuse to look at what toys they have on hand.
    Thanks. Do you think that it saves you money, time; aggravation with a 22yr old kid that don't know tractor from tennis shoes...

AKfish

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

I use it quite a bit. I think it saves me time, and is easier for the dealer parts guy also. I'm I understanding you correctly that your dealer has a 22 year old kid that knows nothing about tractors for a parts guy? I guess I've never seen anything like that at a JD dealer.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

I use it as well. You don't really "buy parts online" from JDP, but rather order it into the dealer you have registered. I always take a copy of the prices with me when I pickup because sometimes they try to charge me more than the online price shows.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s

Yea sign up and you can also see online if parts are in dealer stock. My closest dealer is like 40 miles away so I usually have the items shipped to me. UPS delivery has been the norm.

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

I've never had my dealer ship an order I've placed through Jd parts, I just pick the part up once it comes in. Your dealer is just the middle man.

That said, it is nice to be able to order most anything Deere online.
    JD 3720 Premium Cab, 300CX, 59" Front Mt. Blower, 72d MMM auto-connect deck.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320 - gator cx

In my case, I just email the girl working the parts counter. Give her the part number and she automatically orders it and ships it to the house.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast